Queen Elizabeth Cruise Review by judyjdl

Member Name: judyjdl
Cruise Date: January 2014
Embarkation: Southampton
Destination: Transatlantic
See More About: Queen Elizabeth Cruise Reviews | Transatlantic Cruise Reviews | Cunard Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

LuxuryOnly.com

Ship Facts: Queen Elizabeth Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Queen Elizabeth Deck Plans
QUEEN ELIZABETH TRANSATLANTIC EXPERIENCE

I boarded the QE on January 10, 2014 for a West-bound Transatlantic cruise immediately following my East-bound Transatlantic on Queen Mary 2. Both were beautiful experiences, though very different. The QE is much smaller than the Queen Mary 2, but she is every bit the Queen. The QE decor details were spectacular and the intimacy of the ship was very special. The food was remarkable but the service from all areas was outstanding with staff that showed they were happy with their work demonstrated wonderful client services. As a solo 65 year old female traveler I felt most comfortable and welcomed as most of the ship were people of my 'vintage'. With the multiple music venues and food areas, if one was lonely it was their own fault. I did not meet a stranger for all the passengers were very friendly.

My balcony cabin was wonderful. The cabin was beautiful and most comfortable. I enjoyed the balcony views of the sea. The warm tones of the room were very classy with golds, cream tones, navy blues...lovely. The bed was very comfortable and beautifully appointed with plush pillows with wonderful attentive cabin stewards. Spacious with a little sitting area and flat-screened tv with 24-hour something on to enjoy.

I would highly endorse this beautiful ship. Sailing with Cunard is not a cruise....it is an experience...! I understand why most passengers were former Cunard Cruisers for once you sail Cunard you fall in love with the Queens. We cruised through gale-force winds and high waves most of the week. The boat does move about, but that is expected and wanted by the majority of the cruisers as part of the Transatlantic experience. I developed my sea-legs as we set sail and enjoyed the entire voyage and found the motion of the seas so very beautiful. I would encourage others to experience the Cunard Lines at least once in their life and I intend to set sail with the Queens again as I must try the Queen Victoria next! Treat yourself and sign up for a voyage on one of the Queens!

Publication Date: 01/24/14