Pacific Jewel Cruise Review by Murachka: Disappointing experience Pacific Jewel

Disappointing experience Pacific Jewel

Sail Date: January 2014
Destination: South Pacific
Embarkation: Sydney (Australia)

Just came back from 9 days cruise. We departed from Sydney White bay terminal. That was total mess. After checking in we we're have to wait for almost two hours to get to the ship. In my understanding were the higher deck you are, you getting on the boat first like other cruise companies like Royal Caribbian.

We stayed in balcony room on deck 10. The beds were very narrow and uncomfortable.

The food in the buffet was terrible, limited variety and poor quality. But waiters were asking non stop if we want any drink from the bar. Waterfront restaurant food was better, but you can clearly see cut costs, quality of food not the best, also service were very slow.

Everything extra costs money. Wines from the bar are overpriced and nothing special. I don't understand why p & o not allow you to bring alcohol with you from home like other cruise lines. They just want you to spend as much as you can.

Photos are overpriced too.

I have been on royal More Caribbian recently, everything is so much cheaper and better. I also have on on Pacific Pearl in April 2012, it was very different to Jewel. Food was fantastic, cruise director excellent, overall was much better then Jewel. It is possible that P & O cutting costs and instead of improving rolling down.

I was very disappointed from my last cruise with Pacific Jewel.

I will never go again even if I will have a free cruise offer. Less

Read more Pacific Jewel cruise reviews >>