Pacific Jewel Cruise Review by KerLin: Catch up with Relo's

Catch up with Relo's

Sail Date: October 2013
Destination: South Pacific
Embarkation: Sydney (Australia)

Hello fellow cruisers, my husband and I joined the Pacific Jewel mainly to have some quality time with relatives who live inter state, and it was their first cruise.

I have to say that P & O have certainly upted the anty..........the food especially in the Waterfront ( Main Restaurant) of an evening was some of the best we have ever had, and we have cruised many times and with other companies.

We were also looked after as though we were royalty by a lovely husband and wife team.

The Jewel certainly has as much to offer as other more current ships, being that she is 23 years old.

The entertainment was top class, the out fit is terrific, our balcony on 10th was closed in, so if you expect to see anything sitting out there, you need to request a railing balcony.

My main gripe for writing this review gets back to the Spa and it's deals that rip people off. I enjoy attending some of the lectures and seminars relating to weight loss and More eating sensibly etc as I do look after myself but am always open to new suggestions. Whilst on the Jewel I attended a lecture and consequently decided to have a body analysis for $40. This followed up by me choosing to lash out and purchase a series of pills and potions from the Elemis spa@home Range to the tune of $500. The lass who ran the seminars was very nice, took my email details and I took hers, with the promise of further information regarding diet and foods to eat to assist in becoming more Alkaline.

I guess what I am warning you all, is that these pills and potions made no difference what so ever, and after returning home and emailing her and getting no response I gave up.

As my husband would tell you, I am a soft touch, however I believe the ship should be monitering these products that are sold onboard, and become a bit more up to date as to the success rate before taking peoples money, and as I did suspect, there is no follow up once you disembark.

Apart from that we did thoroughly enjoy our cruise, and would go back to a little P & O cruise from time to time. Cheers kerlin Less

Published 01/24/14

1 Forum Post
Family & Children
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X