We just returned yesterday from six nights on the Breeze in the Western Caribbean. This was our second time on this ship but 23rd cruise. Our first time on the Breeze was a 12 night mediterranean cruise in October 2012 and we enjoyed that cruise so much more! We were looking forward to the family activities onboard such as the 4D theater, the water slides and the sky course. I'm not interested in sailing on this ship again.
1) The 4D theater was not working. We waited in line for a staff member to show up. No sign on the theater door or anything. He came late and told us the equipment was down.
2) The winds often were too high for the sky course to be used (not Carnival's fault obviously).
3) My son was hurt twice on the water slides.
Some advice to Carnival:
1) Turn down the volume on the outdoor theater screen. We couldn't even sit by the pool when it was on!
2) Turn down the volume at the production shows! Is everyone deaf or something?
3) Make a minimum dress code for the dining room. Can't believe what I was seeing in there!
4) Organize your tendering at Grand Cayman better. We went on a wild goose chase of trying to get tickets when none were needed.
4) Teach your cabin stewards to make contact with guests the first day to see what their needs are. We had to hunt our steward down and didn't find him until the second night.
5) Send a Carnival rep. on faraway excursion to Tulum, Mexico and know what is going on with the tours you sell. For a seven hour tour, the snack was given during the 6th hour and was very small (water, small bag of chips and a small sweet). Seems like some kind of mafia thing is going on with the entrance. No tickets for our group were required or purchased. Nobody even counted our group. Tour guide constantly pushing sales on us.
6) Try to let guests enjoy a little time without trying to take their money. Every minute you are being pressured to buy something!
7) Allow guests to call the front desk.
Couldn't believe the rough and loud people we were seeing on this ship. Obviously, you always get a mix but the number of redneck types was too high for me.