Ruby Princess Cruise Review by fnk1: The Good and The Bad

Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Ruby Princess Western Caribbean Cruises

The Good and The Bad

Sail Date: January 2014

We booked this cruise because of the buy 1 get 1 promotion. Found out later that the get 1 had to be a seven day. Not thrilled over this but what can you do. I just hope the Regal Princess is better - sure it will be. That said, I mostly had a great time on the Ruby. An amazing group of people at dinner - we really hit it off all together - more than any other ship I've ever been on. That was the highlight for sure.

So much easier in point form so will continue in this:

1) I agree with others - so many of the other passengers were much older than what we were used to - a demographic cross-section of society it is not! Mostly domestic US passengers, many in a higher income bracket who you would find out were in suites, on back-to-back cruises, etc. Too many sales and art auctions and not enough activities.

2) I liked the Movies of the Stars - nice concept, amazing screen resolution, but cold on chilly nights. Movies could have been better. We never made it More through a entire movie. Usually hard to find a seat.

2) Good comedian on the one night. Other than that, the entertainment was notable by the lack. Some game and other shows I wanted to see were 1 session during our late dining. That meant missing them altogether. Most of our evenings were spent trying to find something to do or sitting in the middle of the casino by ourselves for hours and hours. we got to know a lot of people and would hang out, but sometimes you want something more!

3) Third point - extremely limited smoking facilities, spread out all over the ship and put in places where you would stick out more rather than less. It was weird.

4) Complicated ship layout - you would have to often go up, across and then down to get to where you wanted to go, back dining room, etc.

5) Nice champagne fountain, party. Nice British Pub Lunch. Very crowded though.

6) No towel animals

7) Room stewards hit or miss - I don't think ours liked us - he told me I got him into trouble - long story but it was an honest mistake but the guilt making he did was not fun. Nice closet space in room.

8) Percentage of friendly staff less than on other ships in my opinion. The ones who were nice were very nice, but few and far between. Ana in Intl Cafe, John in Casino Bar, etc.

9) Please do a drink package! And get better coffee!

10) But oh, entertainment needs to improve. So boring at night!!! Less

Read more Ruby Princess cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Ruby Princess Review >>

Cabin review: Ruby Princess R630

Nice closet - spacious. nice hot water. One day the whole deck section we were on was shaking badly. It went away later but I've never experienced anything like it.