Carnival Victory Cruise Review by greeneteam95: just okay

Member Since 2013

Compare Prices on Carnival Victory Eastern Caribbean Cruises

just okay

Sail Date: January 2014

My friend and I set sail out of Miami on January 6, 2014 for a week of no kids or husbands. We arrived very early...and embarking was quick and painless.

Ana...a front desk customer service crew member was rude and not delightful. :-(

The victory was mediocre...nothing special AT ALL. And who was the cruise director?? WHO KNEW?? you heard him occasionally on the speaker, and only saw him once a day if you went to the theatre. He was not a fun and energetic director. Goose was his name. He was ok, but definitely far from the best.

The room was old, and I took a picture of the ceiling over the vanity...YUCK! Sprayed coke or something all over the ceiling. There was hair on the ceiling above the shower that belonged to neither my friend, or myself. The room steward was nice, but he did enter without knocking one time when I was napping and my friend was in the shower. No fridge..

Carnival tender...STINKS! I HATE having to get in a line to get a ticket, More to wait, to get in another line to get on the tender.

The food...eh...not great..and Chopsticks made my friend throw up and me almost throwing up. That was on day two.

One nice entertainment crew member, Lee...he gave me a ship on a stick to take home to hubby. that was the highlight, I guess. Less

Read more Carnival Victory cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Victory Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Victory Oceanview Main 2362

this year we didn't pay for an excursion and I had a lovely time just relaxing on the beach. the water was quite cold so we didn't get in.
Margarittaville was interesting...if you're a partyier ... that is the place for you. The dj was vulgar and didn't have much tact. but, others seemed to enjoy him.

LOVED it! It's absolutely beautiful! The water was warmer than Grand Turk for some reason...and the weather was fabulous. The food....not sure why they do hot food on a hot day...but, I didn't get sick. They had a tram..and the driver just drove us around because we asked him to. He stopped so we could feed a donkey, and he took us to see the sting rays...that was quite enjoyable.

LOVE LINDA"s in the port... she has the BEST conch fritters. Nice lady. We received a warning from the cruise director before getting off stating that we should stay in common areas due to high crime against tourist. We took a taxi to Atlantis and did the water park...saving 60$ a person!!!
We walked through the aquarium and walked around the COVE...where all the "rich" people stay. We also got to watch the Dolphins from a distance...that was neat...
Overall.... Nassau is not really a great place to be, but I am thankful for no rain!

Read 2666 Nassau Reviews