Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by B_kt

Liberty of the Seas
Member Name: B_kt
Cruise Date: December 2013

Disappointing/Shocking

Wow! That is the best way to describe this experience. This ship is beautiful in every way...BUT, it is the most disorganized and disappointing cruise that I have ever been on. I have only been on Princess (5 times) and Holland America (1time). So, that is where I have to draw my comparisons from. We traveled home from this vacation embarrassed for the staff of this ship.

The cruise director and staff:

HORRIBLY disorganized. When leaving the ship, they tried to communicate to the passengers that the line wrapped around the dining room and into of of the theaters. Well, when the line began to form into the hallway and there were passengers funneling in from the hall and the steps, people asked questions about where the end of the line was. The small European man with black rimmed glasses said "it doesn't matter folks go up the steps or the hallway. Just go through the dinning room or your going to be here for ever." Passengers began arguing on where the line ended, due to lack of direction, and the man yelled at everyone and stormed off. He never came back!!!! Thankfully, there were some passengers that stepped up to take charge and direct the rest of the people. This was totally insane!!!

Food and service:

The food schedule was a mess. On holland and princess there is food available at ALL TIMES. On RC there are gaps between breakfast and lunch and dinner that you CANNOT find food unless you PAY for ben and Jerry, cupcake cupboard, or a burger place. Yes, that is correct....you have to pay for a burger!!!! The only place available in those gaps was a pizza place that had 1 line and server!!!!! The server was miserable every day, by the way. The line was sometimes over 30 people long, curling out into promenade. People were not happy. Every day you heard people complaining about how they could not find food. Also, breakfast does not start until 7am.

Formal dining room:

Well, I really thought I was on "punked" or "candid camera". Both ordered the steak. Bread came, no butter. Water was not refilled. Dinner came, no sour cream for baked potato and he never came back. Both of our steaks were well done ( we ordered M ans MW). THEY NEVER CAME BACK. I had to go find them. The manager then came over and said "I will get new steaks these are both over done." They put them on the table, asked us to check them and left. No apology...and guess what? NO ONE CAME BACK! Overall food in dining room was good-average. Not bad. Service = deplorable. Not what I was used to on a cruise. Princess left me in disbelief of how good my meals were...every time.

Windjammer buffet:

Poor. I was shocked. This was a low-level Denny's buffet but cold. This was really sad. I feel like I am a sucker for paying for this cruise when I write this. The quality was poor to average. You ate here out of necessity. Unacceptable for a cruise.

Entering boat from Cozumel:

I could have smuggled anything I wanted on to that ship. NOTHING was checked. This was crazy!

I would NEVER cruise on this line again. We were on a cruise, and while on it were regretful. That is sad. I have avoided carnival for all of the shortcomings that I experienced on RC. RC is now on that list. Maybe it is just this ship, management, or staff. But our experience was miserable. They need a serious overhaul.

Publication Date: 01/22/14