Carnival Splendor Cruise Review by Cooper56

Carnival Splendor
Carnival Splendor
Member Name: Cooper56
Cruise Date: January 2014
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Destination: Bahamas
See More About: Carnival Splendor Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals

Good vaule for price

Our First Cruise on Carnival

Overall I would give it a rating of 7.5 out of 10.especially for the price, it was a real value. and we did loved leaving out of New York since we are from New Jersey. We really did love the ship with its décor and the way it was setup with the casino and bars and their reasonable priced drinks There are plenty of chairs and space on this ship with lots of room for lounging in the sun although for us it was not a issue since it was cold and raining for all eight days. I just feel that that if the crew could just raise the bar a little it would be a much better experience. The food was average at best and the lines were always long and why they cannot have more people working the pizza station I will never understand. I have been on at least 15 cruises on six different cruise lines so I do have some experience . The entertainment was OK however I will say that the stage where all the shows and entertainment took place was the best of all the ships I have been on. We had the 8:15 sitting for dining in the Golden Pearl which was very nice and the staff was very entertaining the selection of food was good and would compare it to eating at a good New Jersey dinner. If you like attending all the shows I would suggest the earlier dining time .

My wife and I did love the location of room 8465, it was conveniently located to dining areas and outside pool. The room itself was a tight space and really not arranged well . The closet setup was just to tight and you could not even open the door fully without hitting the bathroom wall and the hanger setup from front to back as opposed to a normal side to aside was as a real ass ache when you wanted to find clothing. It is a very noisy room so if you are a light sleeper change you room right now.. You are under the adult sun deck and they clean it with a machine at 3:00 AM in the morning. They starting putting out the deck chairs at 6:00 in the morning, why they can not change that to 8;30 AM I do not know. I went to customer service to complain but the staff would not change its daily routine. I feel like the deck staff was really lazy, if they would just carry the chairs it would have help greatly. The next three mornings between 6AM and 7AM I woke up and went to the deck only to watch the was the Carnival Cruise people dragging the chairs across the deck which was driving us crazy so If you are a light sleeper it is not the room for you, however the folks caring for our stateroom were the best ! I would classified this room as noisy with obstructed views. Overall it was FUN and you can't beat the price out of NY.

Publication Date: 01/22/14