Zuiderdam Cruise Review by Determined34: Should be on everyone's Bucket List

Should be on everyone's Bucket List

Sail Date: July 2013
Destination: Alaska
Embarkation: Vancouver

Background Information - "Wild horses would not get me on a cruise ship" was my mantra. This was after sailing with my parents on the old Russian CTC lines Ex Sydney in the 1970's. My memories of sea sickness and boiled cabbage still haunt me today. My husband persuaded me to reconsider, I'm glad he was persistent. From the moment we boarded the vessel to the last steps off we couldn't have been happier.

Hotel Information - we stayed at the Rosedale on Robson Suite Hotel, this suite had kitchen/lounge and separate bedroom. We were stayed before and after the cruise and would recommend. It it easy to walk to all attractions and easy to get to public transport, or taxi if required. We used the free WiFi in the coffee shop across the road Gutenberg's Cafe.

Activities - we relaxed read, played trivia and enjoyed the scenery. I had a few treatments in the Spa. Hint they do reduce the treatments close to the end of the cruise, so be out on the lookout for bargains. More

Service - exceptional

Port excursions - as per my reviews, this was our first cruise in a country and area that should be respected, so the tours we did suited our needs, as always, you may find cheaper, we enjoyed ours and also walking around by ourselves at some ports.

Cabin - Verandah cabin that was clean and roomy. All you need for a great holiday.

Dining - we dined in the Dining some nights, as we were far from home we sat a mixed table each night and enjoyed the conversations.

Entertainment - did not see a show, we were too busy relaxing. Did go to the Church service, the only time in the large entertainment space. The Eames chairs in the Crows Nest had my attention from the first minute and the other chairs in the Crows Nest were a great way to sea the wonderful landscapes glide by.

Glacier Bay cruising we choose to book a window table in the Pinnacle restaurant to watch the waterfalls, cliffs and deep blue water matched the food and wine. Bliss and memories!

Disembarkation - was a breeze the taxi line was not long and we were back to our hotel in a short time.

Summary - loved every minute of this cruise, everyone should sail the inland passage with HAL. Less

Read more Zuiderdam cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Zuiderdam Review >>

Gardens/Hatchery

(4)

Interesting to see the industry and enjoyed talk and watching the fish

Mendenhall Glacier

(4)

Was great value and enjoyed the Glacier and the surrounding environment. The tour guide was funny and made for an interesting excursion.

Great place to walk around and have a meal of Fish Chowder at Annabelle's Famous Keg and Chowder House, this hint was given to us by one of the environment marshals on the trip.

Great to
Read 643 Skagway Reviews

White Pass Scenic Railway

(5)

Great value! This is a rail trip not to be missed. The town is interesting. If you need free WiFi, check out the local library located at 769 State St.