Royal Princess Cruise Review by lexiemia: Royal Princess first and last

Member Since 2014

Compare Prices on Royal Princess Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Royal Princess first and last

Sail Date: January 2014

My husband and I decided to accompany some of his coworkers on a Princess cruise January 5, 2014. We have never sailed with Princess cruise lines before and were excited that this was a fairly new ship and had high hopes from what we had been told. Unfortunately I have to say we were sorely disappointed.

We have previously cruised with Carnival and Royal Caribbean. A lot of areas in this ship made you feel really cramped. In the Princess Theater your knees are maybe two inches from the seat in front of you. The ceilings in the cabins feel low. We were in a balcony cabin. There was barely room for two people to stand on the balcony.

The greatest disappointment was the entertainment on the ship. The main shows were really good. But the rest of the time was filled with boring lame stuff. Who goes on vacation to watch a cooking show or play bingo? I spent more time in my cabin on this ship than I ever have on a cruise. Most of the things were shopping shows and them More trying to sell you something.

Our other issue was not being able to get anything to drink unless you asked a server for it. The drink stations have water and ice only. They were real big on waiting on you but it was inconvenient having to find someone in the horizon court to get lemonade or ice tea.

We had issues with our safe and kept getting an error and had to call for someone to work on it on two different occasions. I think this cruise line is more geared for the older crowd. The comedian on board even made jokes about it in his act.

The good points were the food at the Crown Grill was awesome and the highlight of our cruise. Also the pizza was really good. Jenna our cabin steward was really friendly and helpful and very attentive. Our dinning staff in the Alegro dinning room, Jerry and Julian were also really good. All in all we made the best of it but I will not consider Princess again. I guess they just don't fit our personality and life style. Less

Read more Royal Princess cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Royal Princess Review >>

Cabin review: Royal Princess B210

This was an ok area. Not too far from the elevators.