Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review by JustBeachy88: Wish I could say better

Compare Prices on Norwegian Dawn Western Caribbean Cruises

Wish I could say better

Sail Date: January 2014
Embarkation: Tampa

This was my second cruise (my first was with NCL on the Pride of America in Hawaii...hard to compare to). I was expecting so much more. Let me start by saying we had a GREAT time and had a lot of fun, but there were negatives.

-No fun activities while boarding boat, simply check in and WAIT

-The beds were killer on the back. The floor might have been better.

-The Garden Cafe had good food...the first and second day...and it was still the same things on day 7...no variety.

-Blue Lagoon was bad...lots of grease...little food

-On the last night I had questions about disembarkation/customs...the guest service lady had NO idea...

-Crew members very diverse and spoke in their "native language" amongst themselves frequently which can make things uncomfortable and awkward.

I will go on an NCL cruise again, like I said we had fun and that is all that matters, just wish I would have been as blown away as I was with my first cruise. Less

Read more Norwegian Dawn cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Dawn Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Dawn 10166

Room was very nice and a good size for 2 adults but the bed was HORRIBLE

My mom and I's snorkeling excursion was cancelled due to the rain. My husband and father went on a brewery excursion. All my mom and I had to do was walk up and down the port row and shop. The Bearded Clam and Wet Lizard was awesome!!!

Despite not being able to go in the ocean and the weather was eh this day resort was beyond wonderful. This family has it nailed! Great food, fellowship and fun! Would return tomorrow if I could.

I think it would be easy to get lost here and very busy port with a lot of locals trying to sell you the next best deal. My husband and I took a short walk and went to Jeanie's a little restaurant with a beach out back. Great food and drinks and a nice place to soak up the sun.

Read 3085 Cozumel Reviews

Gumbalina Park

(5)

It was a rainy/windy day. We were suppose to do the park and Tabyanna Beach but the beach excursion portion was cancelled. NCL refunded that portion no problem. Tour guide was very informative and knowledgable. Park was a cool experience...loved the monkeys!