Celebrity Eclipse Cruise Review by thegoodolddays: Honeymoon hell

Compare Prices on Celebrity Eclipse Southern Caribbean Cruises

Honeymoon hell

Sail Date: December 2013
Destination: Southern Caribbean

I Have been an advocate of Celebrity Cruises since my first cruise with them in 2000, oh how times have changed. Advertised as 'Southern Caribbean Exotic Christmas cruise' we booked.

On leaving our luggage with the pier porters we boarded the ship, by 8pm I enquired with guest relations about our luggage, there was one case unable to be delivered as it had no tags on it, after I identified or case it was delivered to our cabin. Immediately we notices a cut of about 12/14 inches along the side, on further inspection we noted three watches had been removed from the case. Two days into the cruise my elbow was smashed due to a slamming door helped by the wind but no notice or barrier to say it was windy on deck. This was attended to by the medical centre and in order not to have record of the event the treatment was as the Italian doctor said 'complimento' . No activities for me for the rest of the month. Given our cruise status we took advantage of the dry cleaning vouchers, My More wife's wedding dress (suit not big white thing) returned shiny and heat damaged, also the other dress given for cleaning despite our writing the specific instructions on the form so we were informed by Simona the GRM to claim for this when we get home. Celebrity have just emailed me refusing to offer anything.

The over all Christmas atmosphere on board was very poor, very little seasonal music, nothing show wise (the show productions were atrocious like junior school standard and that's not wishing to insult any schools) relating to Christmas and the cracker less dinner was appalling. we were served turkey with gravy and three green beans after enquiring about the advertised seasonal vegetables we were informed that they had been forgotten. We addressed Simona about this and she quite clearly said it was not acceptable and also that head office had instructed the 'ship' to play down Christmas and not go over the top. This seems quite strange given the title of the cruise 'Christmas Cribbean' etc.

All in all I am hugely disappointed as I have had many wonderful cruises with Celebrity and wonder now who to cruise with next. At least there will be Christmas 2014 to look forward to.

My motto now is never take the past for granted as the future is so different. Less

Read more Celebrity Eclipse cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Eclipse Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Eclipse 7170

Good all round cabin, spacious but large sofa bed took up lot of floor space. Excellent en suite.