Diamond Princess Cruise Review by Glasit Lady: Fabulous cruise

Fabulous cruise

Sail Date: November 2013
Destination: Australia & New Zealand
Embarkation: Singapore

We embarked on our Singapore to Sydney cruise very smoothly and were impressed by our cabin. C103, with its in port only balcony .

We found there was lots to do during the day and evening, although I would have liked more classical music concerts (there was one and it was excellent).

We were disappointed with the night club. DJ Mikey has no idea how to get a party going and his "Abba Night" consisted of 25 minutes of songs because, he said, "i tunes only have this amount of playing time of Abba available". However the lounge bands were good.

We were particularly impressed by the food on the Diamond Princess. At lunchtime there were a variety of venues all serving good quality fresly cooked food. In the evening we went for Anytime Dining which was good because there were lots of people from around the world to talk to in a choice of 4 restaurants. In fact many of the waiting staff were highly qualified and spoke several languages and were interesting to talk More to also! The choice and quality of the dishes was excellent.

We booked a couple of excursions with people we'd met through Cruise Critic and these worked out really well, and were cheaper than those organised with the ship.

Although I had booked and paid for the cruise most of the administration, including the after-cruise evaluation, was sent only to my (male) partner. He e mailed me the evaluation form but I was not allowed by the system to fill it in! ! made a formal complaint a month ago and still have not received a reply.

Despite this lack of courtesy, I would certailnly go again on a Princess cruise and would recommend this particular one, Singapore to Sydney (sailing for the first time into Sydney harbour is magical!) Less

Read more Diamond Princess cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Diamond Princess Review >>

Cabin review: Diamond Princess C103

Good to have a full sized window with lots of light and a good view but frustrating to only have use of the balcony whilst in port (and not in tender ports).