Costa Victoria Cruise Review by TerryCoole: Ship Okay but poor service aboard and food disappointing
Overall Member Rating
Ship Okay but poor service aboard and food disappointing
We boarded the first week of a two week cruise, embarkation was okay but not really organized. We had a balcony cabin. Cabin was okay with everything in working order.
1. Cabin was clean and functional
2. Casino staff were very friendly especially pit boss Marcel.
3. Décor in ship was okay and functional.
4. Shows were good especially dancers.
5. Port selection was different and good and this is why we selected ship.
1. Food in buffet was not up to standards compared to other ships even compared to other Costa Ships ,and very repetitive.
2. Buffet was not open at night thus if you missed your early sitting at night because of a tour you were out of luck and your only choice was pizza which opened at 8.30 p.m. Pizza was not up to snuff as on other ships.
3. Staff seemed were very green, service at buffet slow, almost impossible to get drinks from waiters and they More seemed to be non existent at times especially deck 12. I would order drinks (pop) and I would have finished eating and drinks had not arrived had to cancel order twice. Slow at cleaning off tables in buffet and staff had hard time understanding English or French.
4. Wash cloths in room were almost non existent had to ask almost everyday.
5. Tours seem poorly organized waiting too long for buses to arrive at some ports. Tours did not leave on time.
6. Casino machines are very outdated plus they removed most machines in favor of tables and many children were allowed to play machines which is illegal.
7. Casino dealers were very green and hard time communicating in English but pit bosses were friendly and were still training dealers.
8. No towels were found on decks for exchange.
9. Service in general was lacking and not up to par with other ships.
10. Did not have good selection of souvenirs stores only high priced items.
11. Main problem was overall staff seemed new and they had a very hard time communicating in English.
12. Entertainment in music venues were very blah. Less
Read more Costa Victoria cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Costa Victoria Review >>
Cabin review: 10441
Cabin was very functional and clean.
For the value? It's worth it.
DO NOT CRUISE on Costa Victori...
Phuket/Langkawi Well Plan Dail...
Go at your own risk. Our first...