Disney Dream Cruise Review by love my tan: Wonderful for Families & Grandparents with children

love my tan
Member Since 2009

Compare Prices on Disney Dream Bahamas Cruises

Wonderful for Families & Grandparents with children

Sail Date: January 2014
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

The Disney cruise was wonderful! I had a great time with my grandson, daughter, son-in-law and best friend.

We had adjoining cabins which my 5 year old grandson loved. We had Deluxe Oceanview Family Stateroom and it was so spacious with 3 beds plus a pull out sofa and large window.

The shows were fantastic and entertaining, but I didn't like the ventriloquist. She appeared two more times in the lounge other than having additional entertainers. My Grandson attended only Believe and he really enjoyed it. I miss the piano bars and lounges that are on other ships. We enjoyed the singers in the atrium but there wasn't any chairs or sofas to sit and enjoy the music.

The pools were absolutely packed. I didn't put my foot in one. My family enjoyed the AquaDuck. The last night we enjoyed the adult pool and Jacuzzi.

I loved the Enchanted Garden dining room and wished I could eat there every night. Animators Palate and Royal Court were just as nice. Children More had their own menus but my Grandson ordered some food from the adult menu. I am a vegetarian and there just wasn't as much choices as I would like. As a Platinum member of Princess, I can say that they switch my meals around for me, offer me the next days lunch and dinner menu etc. Disney dining couldn't handle me making changes and often I had two plates in front of me. I was disappointed. The buffet upstairs was very good, but so spread out. It was incredibly noisy! If I could say the one thing that I missed the most was the service on Disney. You had to get up and get your own soda, coffee and drinks. I think I was served three times all week. Drinks were very inexpensive alcoholic and non-alcoholic. They were also very good drinks.

My goal was to spend time with my family which I accomplish. My friend and I cruise with older family members and friends all the time. I felt there was nothing much to do as an adult on the ship. My daughter and her husband went to a tequila tasting for entertainment for $15 pp. They really need to add something more for the adults. We did go to the movies one day.

The port of Nassau and Castaway Cay were visited on the ship. I have been to Nassau numerous times, but it was my first time at Castaway Cay. The weather was questionable and we didn't do any activities but enjoy the sand and sun. The buffet was delicious and we thoroughly enjoyed the day.

I can't say enough about the children's clubs. They were so entertaining and the kids all seem to love them. My Grandson had so much fun in the Oceaneer Lab he didn't want to leave.

Pirate's night was so much fun and we loved getting dressed up! New Year's Eve was delightful as the champagne poured and the fireworks blasted. They know how to do it right. Less

Read more Disney Dream cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Disney Dream Review >>

Cabin review: Disney Dream 7014,7016

The rooms were spacious, wonderful and I sure wish I had that room on every cruise I have taken and will take. I could of fit six kids in our room. It was certainly worth the extra money. The bathrooms were so spacious and I loved the double room where you could use the bathroom and fix up at the same time.