Carnival Miracle Cruise Review by dancecj

Member Name: dancecj
Cruise Date: January 2014
Embarkation: Los Angeles
Destination: Mexican Riviera
See More About: Carnival Miracle Cruise Reviews | Mexican Riviera Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals

Just average.

We have cruised Carnival before, and have always been pleased. Sadly, this past cruise was a disappointment. We had purchased a Faster to the Fun (fttf) pass. We looked forward to getting aboard the ship early as promised and having our luggage immediately. That didn't happen. We had to wait outside until almost 12:30. When we did start moving there was quite a bit of confusion as to what line we belonged in. There wasn't anyone checking in at the Priority Desk. Kind of a nightmare. However, when I called to complain, they immediately refunded the cost. There were others who were also refunded.

Our room was a standard balcony. We had to call and ask them to chance the beds Into a king and the couch into a bed for my son, although our reservation clearly stated it. We were short a robe,no glasses/cups, and there were no beach towels. Once again, we had to call and ask. After that, the room was fine. We enjoyed the balcony, as there were whales and dolphins around us on more than one occasion.

Sadly the service in the dining room was not up to par. We had anytime dining, and were seated immediately every night. We like our server the first night, and chose to eat with him each night. After night one, the 3rd person on his team was elsewhere, and there were only 2. Service was defiantly affected by that. The food was hit and miss. Most of the time it was average at best. Salmon was dry and veggies were oily. My son did love the nightly cold soups. I think the appetizers were probably the best part of the meal most nights. We did the brunch on the final sea days. Service was horrible. We waited for a very long time for everything. The servers at brunch didn't seem to really care.

The ship itself was really pretty. We loved the decor. The entertainment ....not so good. My family and I always see the show, and some are always better than others. The musical variety shows were mostly sloppy, the comedians fair. A juggler comedian, Marcus, who we saw on an earlier cruise, was still the best show on board.

There were plenty of trivia games, karaoke, and other activities. We participate in many and enjoyed them. We used the gym, and it was satisfactory. The cardio machines has display screens to enjoy during the workout. Some of them didn't work too well.

We booked excursions independently. I highly recommend AmazeNCabo Race. So much fun. And we zip lined with Los Veranos. Also highly recommend to all!

All and all it seems that Carnival has cut back throughout the ship. My family and I made the most of everything, and still had a wonderful time. Nothing was so bad that it spoiled the cruise. However, things certainly could have been better, and the trip would have been enhanced.

Publication Date: 01/20/14