Carnival Sunshine Cruise Review by carolejonescjj

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Sunshine Cruise Review by carolejonescjj
Carnival Sunshine
Carnival Sunshine
Member Name: carolejonescjj
Cruise Date: January 2014
Embarkation: New Orleans
Destination: Bahamas
See More About: Carnival Sunshine Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Ship Facts: Carnival Sunshine Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Carnival Sunshine Deck Plans
I was scared but she is GORGEOUS!

My husband and I with our 7 children just returned from a week on the gorgeous Sunshine. This is our 9th cruise, and our 5th with Carnival. After reading all those horrible reviews, I looked into changing our cruise to a different boat. I am so glad I didn't! I don't know what these other cruisers are complaining about because the boat is completely beautiful. We have sailed the Carnival Magic three times but I think the Sunshine is now our favorite boat. All the fun bells and whistles on the Magic but without the massive size.

We had a balcony and an interior on deck 6. Hands down, the rooms were the quietest we have ever experienced. Maybe we just had quiet neighbors but I never once heard them. Yes, you can still hear the louder guests as they pass by your door.

I only saw one bucket and it was gone a few hours later. I only smelled a very faint sewer smell once in the photo area.

We had Your Time Dining and except for the two formal dress nights, there was little to no wait, even with our large party. On the two formal nights, we got there right at 5:30 and glad we did or we would have had a decent wait. The food onboard was great. We know the menu well in the main dining room from past cruises, so knew which dishes were best. Service was quick and we made it every night with plenty of time for the shows at 7:30. The buffet does have similar food from day to day, but it is never exactly the same. Don't miss the omelette stations back behind the buffet area in the other two restaurants. Feel free to also use the seating in those two restaurants during the day because there are always seats back there when the buffet area gets crowded. Guys Burgers were good as well. Don't miss the brunch in the main dining room on sea days. The service is slow but the food is delicious! Don't wait up for the Mexican buffet. It was just chips and salsa!

Yes, the Liquid Lounge and the comedy club has limited seating compared to other boats. Only one night could we not find a seat and we arrived about 10 minutes early. No big deal and we just went to the later show.

Racing water slides were great but one was shut down for repairs. Fastest ones on a ship we have ever been on.

Don't let all the nay-sayers dissuade you from this beauty. I wish she was staying in New Orleans so we could still drive to her. We might even make the longer drive to Florida because we loved it so much!

Publication Date: 01/20/14
More Carnival Sunshine Cruise Reviews

Read the previous Carnival Sunshine review Read the next Carnival Sunshine review

More Bahamas Cruise Reviews