Carnival Sensation Cruise Review by ajlopez921

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Sensation Cruise Review by ajlopez921
Carnival Sensation
Carnival Sensation
Member Name: ajlopez921
Cruise Date: January 2014
Embarkation: Charleston
Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: 11
Cabin Number: M6

Great Cruise!!! Read here for the info you need.....

This is the first cruise for me and boy was it a good choice!!! We flew in to Charleston and paid for the roundtrip pickup and drop off at the airport since it was cheap and it was a good choice because as soon as we arrived at the baggage claim there was a friendly lady there helping us out and taking us straight to our taxi which was big and comfortable and the driver was great!

Getting in the port was very smooth they just check your documentation and let you board the shuttle bus where you check in through Carnival, get your Sail and Sign cards and get on the ship! Now the ship itself is good but not the biggest or best I've seen or heard of! Keep in mind it is one of their oldest ships but it does not show inside or out! You can see the whole ship in less than an hour and the one thing I wished they can improve on is the pool! The pool is 4'9 deep and a very small pool that fits 20 at a time and 2 jacuzzis! But the Lido deck was nicely decorated and all the buffet style restaurants are up there as well as some bars, golf and the waterworks which the kids will really enjoy! The buffet were just ok! The Pirate Pizza, Sweet Treats and Room Service is the only thing open 24 hours and since I never used room service since they only bring you cold cuts, etc I wont comment on it but the Pirate Pizza really sucked and was the worst restaurant on the ship! It taste like cardboard pizza with cheap fake sauce! The only Sweet Treats I ever saw was the ice cream and fruits and the fruits were always fresh and they had it all and the ice cream and frozen yogurt was the same you would get in a buffet style restaurant but the ships ice cream is a little better but nothing to go crazy for! The American food buffet was the best out of all because they served fresh and good burgers as well as good chicken fingers and popcorn chicken! Now I did not try the Asian buffet because the line for it was always long at all times so that must be a good sign! I did not buy the unlimited soda deal because it was a rip off and most people brought there own drinks but no matter where you went they had free ice tea, lemonade, coffee, tea and milk and the Lemonade was very good! We had anytime dining so that means your Dining will be in the Celebration diner which was very good and I mean very good!!! I suggest you head to the restaurant at 5:45pm so that you can be seated right away and get your food hot and fresh! Wiwik is the best server in the Celebration Dining room so if you get her then you are lucky!!

Now our cabin was M6 and it was very comfortable and nice and the cleaning guys did a great job every day and always left great towel decorations and tasty chocolate! The different channels they had on TV was TNT, CNN and Fox which was pretty good and everyday is a different movie night and the movies are all recent such as Monsters University, Despicable Me 2, etc.

They had 2 broadway type shows called Motor City and The Brits and for regular workers being the stars in the show it was actually pretty good! Motor City is the funnest and the best show they have! Now my favorite part was The Scavenger Hunt and I don't want to give too much info and ruin it for anybody but you should participate because it's lots of fun and The Game of Love is just plain funny but again don't want to ruin it for anybody so just be there and try and be part of the show! The Hasbro Show was amazing and I was in it both nights!!! Everybody wins prizes and it usually gets packed with people so arrive early both nights to be up close. There were 2 comedians and one was way better then the other but you decide that.

The drinks are expensive along with everything else on the ship but they are pretty good and keep in mind that every night the ships has certain promotions on diamonds, watches, T-shirts, etc so before you go crazy buying make sure you check out the sales on the ship by asking the workers cause the things they sell are worth it when they are on sale BUT arrive early for the sales cause it turns to Black Friday on all their sales lol. Risa the cruise director was amazing and really a great host that made the cruise lots of fun!

Now our 1st stop was Bahamas and it was the best! The straw market was worth it and you can get everything you need and they negotiate with you all the time so never pay the price they ask! Senor Frogs there was also good and the Beach is a 10 minute walk from the ship, you only have a small section to swim in and lay down in and people will always try to sell you stuff. Freeport to us just sucked and there was nothing special about it so don't expect much! The only good thing about Freeport is that their Senor Frogs is right next to the port and you just need to walk 2 minutes to get to it and the crowd was much better than the crowd in Nassau! Once it was time to leave the whole process was smooth and took 20 minutes. To get on the taxi we paid Carnival for took around the same time since there was a lot more people heading to the airport unlike when we first came to SC. Overall the staff was great and yes there's always one or two miserable workers but who cares! I can say that for my first cruise it was really a great one and I will be traveling with Carnival again!

Publication Date: 01/21/14