Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by amy8752

Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Almost perfect...

This is my first review for Cruise Critic, so please forgive me if I ramble. We were in a suite, Rm #7654. How can you complain about a suite, so I won't. We take fewer vacations so we can afford the upgrade. Rest assured that whenever possible it's the way to go!

CONCIERGE - great service, nice and quiet when you want it. And its the only place on the ship I can find fried chicken drumettes, yummy.

DINING - We ate in the MDR 5 out of 7 nights. Food was good with the exception of the steaks offered. I'm talking about the gratis offering not the upcost one available. Really, really tough and not worth it. Had lunch at Ritas Cantina, couldn't remember if we liked on our previous cruise in 2012. REALLY, REALLY DISAPPOINTING!! Now, I'll grant you - we had guacamole and nachos. But shouldn't that be a pretty safe bet for a Mexican restaurant. I will remember next time that it was not worth the $3 upcharge + ala carte. IMHO, stay away, stay far, far away from Ritas. Johnny Rockets - great chili cheese fries and the best cheeseburger on board. We did try a cheeseburger at Windjammer, not that great. If you're hankering for a cheeseburger worth the upcharge. Chops - I can't say enough good things about CHOPS! And I made sure to leave room for the Red Velvet Cake. Worth every penny of the upcharge.

SODA PACKAGE - We bought two at $53.00 each. Well worth it for us. We toyed with the idea of upgrading to one of the alcohol package, but decided against it. After reviewing our bar bill, we were right. I had read on previous reviews that people didn't want to have to carry the "special" soda cup around. You don't have to. If you don't have it with you, just show your card with the label or "Coca-Cola" printed and any bar will give you a soda. There are the select Coca-Cola machines in multiple areas - Promenade, Windjammer, Wipe Out Cafe.

BAR SERVICE - Mojitos were excellent at Boleros. But we have a new favorite bartender, Henry Duplon, at the Viking Crown Lounge. Not only is he a great bartender but be sure to get one of his oragami flowers or other animals he makes. He is worth going to the 17th floor to find. Henry will be moving over to the Quantum of the Seas, so check him out before its too late.

EMBARKATION - we literally walked on with no wait at 12:30PM. That wasn't because of suite status, everyone was walking on at that time.

DEBARKATION - Easy breazzy! We were in the #4 group and it went off without a hitch, we were in customs line for less than an hour, then in our cab to the airport. Had no problem catching a 10:30AM flight.

Now I need to save up for our next cruise!!

Publication Date: 01/19/14