Celebrity Eclipse Cruise Review by jimd1768: Celebrity. A touch of Class

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Celebrity Eclipse Western Caribbean Cruises

Celebrity. A touch of Class

Sail Date: December 2013

This was our 3rd cruise and we were a little sceptical as our last one was with Carnival. Our fears were quickly dispelled. Eclipse was a fantastic ship and we had a fantastic time.

We booked this New Year cruise well in advance and had not sailed with Celebrity before. We booked concierge class. Check in was very straight forward at Port Everglades. It was quick and we were on our way to the ship in no time. We headed straight to our room, 1071. It was spacious and very comfortable. We were situated next to the elevators but it didn't distract us at all.

The ship sailed to the first port of Aruba and then continued round through new year until we headed back to Fort Lauderdale on Jan 11.

The things I liked: Celebrity had lots of nice little touches around the ship. It has an excellent fitness centre, this became very busy and you had to pick times to get access to the machines. We loved the Passport bar on level 3. Gareth, the Irish barman was great and More always remembered our drinks. The martini bar was also very good and the barman were excellent. We purchased the premium drinks package. I wasn't sure at the beginning, but we definitely got our moneys worth. Although not big drinkers, you don't have to worry about what you can't have.

We went for the late dinner sitting. Again, we really enjoyed the staff who looked after us, Sunjay & Nooraj. The food was also excellent.

Mandela our Cabin attendant was also very helpful and did a great job. We encountered so many great staff I couldn't name them all. Ben the cruise director was brilliant. He was very entertaining and was great fun.

I cannot recommend Celebrity or the Eclipse enough. We have booked Celebrity again next year.

My downsides: these are minimal. I didn't like the entertainment. It is difficult to please everyone but it wasn't my taste. Bob Arno, the pickpocket was good.

I had one member of staff who I wasn't impressed with, our drinks server at dinner. We were lucky to get one drink. I just made my way to the passport bar and ordered there.

My last issue is that there is no iron or facility to iron your clothes. You have to pay. I don't think this is fair. I like to iron my own clothes.

These were small facts that didn't ruin a great cruise. We loved every day of the cruise and would rate Celebrity as our best cruise yet. Less

Read more Celebrity Eclipse cruise reviews >>