“First let me say if you have a bad time it is your fault.”
Cruise review of Norwegian Star

travelerpair Norwegian Star 2 First let me say if you have a bad time it is your fault.
travelerpair
Member Since 2008
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

First let me say if you have a bad time it is your fault. We did enjoy our cruise, but there are some things to know about the ship and sailing NCL from Los Angeles. Embarkcation was chaos and we were Platinum suite passengers. I felt very sorry for those who arrived early and had to wait over 2 hours to board. No one seemed to know anything about anything, but pointing to long lines.

Once on board I could see that the ship depends on its crew to make up for the long overdue updates, and they do. Do not waste your money on Cagney's, the steaks are not worth $30 per person. Our steak sandwich at lunch (included) was better than the one at night that we paid for. The Italian and Brazilian restaurants were great and Le Bistro is fine, but not what it used to be. I believe NCL has decreased its food quality and selections for profit and that it too bad for the passengers.

Our cabin.  The floor plan is great and the main lounge completely closed off from both bedrooms for privacy. Love the big window in the shower for a great view of the sea. The second bedroom does have small closet space, but the bath is larger that the ones in the balcony cabins. Very small balcony.

The entertainment was good and the music in the bars was great. Always something to do. The casino is old and in need of an update. The smoke filters do not work, so beware.

The ports are good if you just want a quick look at Mexico and perhaps pick a place to visit again. Puerto Vallarta has some wonderful beaches with good restaurants and bars.

This is the 4th time we have done this cruise because we live in SoCal and do not have to fly.

Norwegian Star Cruises to the Mexican Riviera

No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Norwegian Star Review
Norwegian Star Cruises to the Mexican Riviera
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?