Caribbean Princess Cruise Review by fishmom: We got lucky. Perfect weather (almost) and beautiful ports.

fishmom
Member Since 2004

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Caribbean Princess Western Caribbean Cruises

We got lucky. Perfect weather (almost) and beautiful ports.

Sail Date: November 2013
Embarkation: Houston

My husband and I are in our 50's and have sailed a few times with various cruise lines. This was our second Princess cruise, and we had Future Cruise Credits burning a hole in our pocket. We hadn't sailed this time of year before, and Houston was a new embarkation terminal. We started to see a lot of negative reviews based upon the weather issues and delays experienced. Foruntately for us, we left relatively on time, and experienced no weather delays.

Our balcony stateroom was fine. There already was a topper on the mattress, so we slept great. Can't imagine how poor the mattresses are without them. The ship is in good shape, but could use some refresh in regards to paint and general maintenance. There was noticable wear on rails on the balcony, and around deck.

People always say food is subjective, but I still compare between lines what my experience is. For me the beef dishes were a total miss, while the fish was generally pretty good. We had late seating in the More MDR and service was very efficent. However, it still seemed that we didn't get fisnihed until practically bed time.

On board activities were plentiful. The cruise director and his staff were very engaged with the passengers. There is a Movies Under the Stars outdoor screen, but we weren't able to enjoy because either the deck was full of other passengers, or the time would conflict with our meal in the dining room.

We really enjoyed the ports. Warm weather and beaches are a great combination. I would recommend doing your own tours if at all possible, with the exception of Belize. The travel and logistics there are such that taking a ship excursion may be less stressful.

On board entertainment was all over the map. The Princess singers and dancers were just average. It was their first week performing together and it showed. We thoroughly enjoyed the comedian, while the juggler on board was talented but tried to do other things in addition that didn't quite work. Not really an act meant for a theatre sized venue. I think the 'headiliners' rotate from week to week, so your mileage may vary.

We enjoy cruising and generally watch for good deals. We are looking to try another cruiseline next, but would try the Caribbean Princess again once she has had a refurbishment, or the price was really good. Less

Read more Caribbean Princess cruise reviews >>