Legend of the Seas Cruise Review by travelgma: Island Legend

Compare Prices on Legend of the Seas Southern Caribbean Cruises

Island Legend

Sail Date: December 2013
Destination: Southern Caribbean

My DH and I ,in our 60's, were late boarding due to Noro-virus on previous cruise. It was after 2PM when they called us to board. Fortunately pier 18 has comfortable seats on the second floor to accommodate hundreds of passengers waiting to board. Passengers boarded according to status, platinum, diamond + etc.

over the two hours that we waited we were constantly reminded to wash our hands under water as long as it takes to sing happy birthday. For the first day or two crew would serve at the Windjammer, no self -serve.

Crew were constantly washing doors, rails, etc. I think by the third day it was back to normal.

Overall, I thought that the Legend was a beautiful ship with wonderful big windows to give you incredible sea views in dining room and entire centrum area.

This is a much smaller ship than the new ones so does not have as many different areas. We booked this cruise for the itinerary, which included Granada, Aruba and Bonaire. These were More islands that we had not seen yet.

The entertainment on this ship was excellent except for a group that played in the centrum. I did not think the one particular singer was very good or wasn't fond of comedian on last night. Arial performance was breathtaking. The first performance was cancelled because of rough seas and gale winds.

The production shows are very good and they gave a Christmas show on the last sea day at 4:30.

Food , as always, is subjective. We both felt that the dining room food was better on the Legend than on the Independence last year same time. Had an excellent waiter on MTD who knew our name. Windjammer was excellent and much variety up until the last couple of days when it seemed like it was the same as day before. We never had trouble finding a table and servers would help you find one if asked. Service here was excellent. Dirty plates were gone as soon as you finished.

Loved the solarium and Park Café. Service here was hit and miss. Once, my order was taken and completely forgotten and no apology when reminded. Another time the server didn't know how to heat the item I had chosen and I had to take it back (Still Cold) But overall this was one of my favorite places.

Our cabin was one of the new balconies on deck 6 . Everything was new and modern and designed very well, but this is the smallest balcony cabin that we have ever had. Only room for 1 chair and very small desk area. Modern sink and faucet but my husband had a hard time using it(not good for larger hands)

There was also engine noise and a squeaky sliding door during very windy conditions. We were on port side about 4 cabins from rear of ship. It was good location to view most ports.

Did not like the casino. It seemed small and crowded even when no one was there. Slots seemed tight.

Loved the Crown Lounge. Even tho small now it was elegant with gorgeous views.

We really enjoyed the Library,Cafe/Latitudes on the 6th floor. This was a good vantage point also to watch the arial performances and the centrum in general. I agree with another poster that there should be more chairs here. I found the server at the café latitudes to be unfriendly and not helpful(disappointing) but you could get complimentary sweet rolls and cookies here.

Overall this was a great cruise and I loved the Legend Less