Pacific Princess Cruise Review by Sagacity: Wonderful Holiday Holy Land Cruise

Wonderful Holiday Holy Land Cruise

Sail Date: September 2013
Destination: Mediterranean
Embarkation: Venice

I was lucky enough to take a Mediterranean Cruise on board the Pacific Princess in September 2013. This was my first ever cruise, I thoroughly enjoyed it and would do it again in a heartbeat.

The ship was apparently small compared to most other ships but for me it was perfect, big enough to still find places aboard to be completely alone and never crowded. No long cues for any services and amazing ports. My cabin was roomy, clean and comfortable with a reasonable sized balcony with amazing views.

I did one Princess Shore tour and joined two tours with people from Cruise Critic forum, the remainder of Ports I wandered around by myself. Ravenna was a delightful surprise with amazing churches, Bologna was rich in history but a tad monotonous. Dubrovnik, as pretty as it was, was ridiculously crowded because of the number of cruise ships that were in port on that day.

Patmos was charming, small and the people very friendly. Israel was amazing, I did a small group More tour with people I met on the forum , we went to Akko, Safed and Haifa, packed in an amazing amount. Jerusalem I did a private tour with Dina Horn's tour company, I didn't get to see as much as I had wanted but this city still remains an incredibly special place that continues to endure everything the world throws at it.

Rhodes was idyllic with a wide variety of shops at very reasonable prices. Santorini as expected was a jewel with breath taking views and lovely restaurants and cafes.

Kusadasi Turkey another small group tour organized through the forum proved to be incredibly worthwhile and extremely good value. In Athens I was extremely fortunate to do a day tour with PK travel, a private taxi tour. My driver was extremely polite and went out of his way to be helpful. All my emails to PK travel were answered promptly and efficiently. I could not recommend this company more highly, amazing service. My only other comment would be there needs to be more clarification re tipping/ gratuities on board the ship. I paid the prepaid gratuities, which were said to be all that was necessary, however it was explained to me that the wait staff and cabin staff required further tipping. I felt uncomfortable about this and always felt the service in the dining room was aimed towards this end. However,

I look forward to another Princess Cruise, a perfect way to relax and have everything taken care of for you. A fabulous way to unwind and explore the world. Less

Read more Pacific Princess cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Pacific Princess Review >>

Cabin review: Pacific Princess 7046

Clean roomy, comfortable cabin.