Disney Magic Cruise Review by yposta

Disney Magic
Member Name: yposta
Cruise Date: January 2014
Destination: Bahamas
See More About: Disney Magic Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | Disney Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Entertainment 5+

Ship Facts: Disney Magic Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Disney Magic Deck Plans
The best of all my cruises!

I was really impressed. Liked everything about the ship! Sailed before on RCI, Carnival, Princess, Costa, Norwegian - those were good, also on MSC Musica (the worst), but this is a different class/category. Beautiful window cabin, one - what seemed like a king bed and 2 bunk beds (separated by a curtain), spacious felt almost like a small bachelor apt.

Traveled as a family - 1 adult and 3 teenagers. Very courteous staff, traveled with my autistic son who gets very anxious when standing in line-ups, so they made accommodations for us. The boy was in his fantasy land, loved it - even though I didn't have much peace and quiet - for instance dining at 8:15pm for me was stressful - again the boy cannot really 'wait', but our waiter immediately understood and brought our food asap, well ahead of other people sitting at our table (table for 8). Dinners for me lasted about 30 mins, when my handicapped son announced: "I'm full", got up and started leaving, I grabbed my unfinished steak and mashed potatoes and ran after him, and back in the cabin. The staff later sent to my cabin a dessert and a Mickey Mouse shaped ice cream on a stick for my son, loved it!

Boarding was good (they whisked us in ahead of other people, as the boy was making noises, thank you, thank you!!), Goofy was standing right there at the entrance to greet us. Food excellent!!! - even buffet style on Deck 9, quite organized, TONS of choices and delicious. Was surprised to see Coke, Pepsi product avail at drink/fountain station and Tropicana-like juices at the same station as well at no extra cost.

Weather didn't co-operate, had a bit rainy/cloudy day in Nassau and next day in Key West (instead of Castaway Cay) was just pouring. But there was so much activities on the ship, Disney movies non-stop on the TV, meeting all the characters - didn't seem a problem, even my other 2 teens loved it, Vibe club, all of it. The shows were breathtaking... and we visited both Disneyland, Cali, and Disney World, Florida prior to his cruise - I'd rate this experience above both CA and FL Disney visits. Meeting the characters - princesses, Donald, Daisy, Captain Hook and Jack Sparrow etc... were miniscule line-ups compared to those in Disney parks. Also, like other reviewers, we like the split bathrooms, plenty of space. Overall - excellent!!! Would come back, even without kids!

Publication Date: 01/18/14