Rhapsody of the Seas Cruise Review by Mikerri167: A wonderful time on Rhapsody of the Seas to Cairns from Sydney

Mikerri167
Member Since 2013

Compare Prices on Rhapsody of the Seas Australia & New Zealand Cruises

A wonderful time on Rhapsody of the Seas to Cairns from Sydney

Sail Date: November 2013
Destination: Australia & New Zealand
Embarkation: Sydney (Australia)

My husband and I went on our first cruise in November 2013 and had the most wonderful time.

THE SHIP: We loved the ship. The first couple of days we spent looking around and familiarising ourselves. The Theatre, the bars, the shops, the cafes, all super. The Centrum had great acts and the aerial displays were spectacular. (only went to the Casino once and lost my $20.00)

THE STAFF: Very professional and always helpful. (with a HUGE exception of the Photography staff - we found them to be pushy and surly when you declined to have your picture taken, and the photos are expensive)

THE FOOD: Wow oh wow! We chose My Time dining for the evenings at the Eidelweiss Room and the meals were first class. We did enjoy a night at The Chops restaurant for a small extra fee and that was second to none. The steak was porpbably the best I have ever enjoyed. Then on the second last night my hubby treated me to a lobster meal - only $34.00 extra but for a whole lobster that More was absolutely delicious, it was amazing value. The first two days we ate in the windjammer - there is the most amazing range of food to eat, if you went hungry it could only be your own fault - anyway after deciding that we really didn't want to add 5 kgs to our weight we decided to eat breakfast in the Eidelweiss dining room and opted for light luches at the Park Cafe.

THE ENTERTAINMENT: was great. There were admittedly a couple of lame shows but overall they were great. The outside entertainers were fabulous.

We are saving now for our next cruise and we are choosing to go on the same ship. Less

Read more Rhapsody of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Rhapsody of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Rhapsody of the Seas 2520

We were down on Deck 2, towards the front and could not have wished for a better time.The cabin was spotless. Tiny but perfectly formed. Contrary to what I had read there was PLENTY of storage space (look behind the mirrors!) and we did not hear any noise at all. This cabin is not too far away from the fron elevator banks so it was very easy access. Our Cabin Steward Croydon was professional and always around when we needed him. Nothing was a problem to him.