Disney Dream Cruise Review by Disneygranny

Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+

Ship Facts: Disney Dream Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Disney Dream Deck Plans
Still Love the Dream

I just finished my 4th cruise on the Disney Dream, and once again, it did not disappoint. I've given good reviews about the other ones..But i'm just beginning to notice some things now that i'm past that initial amazement, that are really starting to bug me....that's what most of this review will be about.

The first thing i'd like to mention is the evening dining attire. I don't feel like this is being enforced the way it should be. I read the code, and took the time to pack the necessary clothes. I have grown increasingly agitated that others seem to totaly disregard it. To me, sitting in a restaurant as nice as these are, well...it takes away from the experience when you see someone who didn't dress as stated in the code..you look around and see the amazing decoration and theme...our server told us that one of the restaurants alone cost 54M to build...(Animators Palate)....and then guests are there in blue jeans and t-shirts....the dress code should be enforced. There were jean shorts on men, flip flops, tank tops...all of the clothing we were asked NOT to wear was there. If it's because they hate to turn away or offend a guest..well what about me? I came there expecting it to be at a certain standard, and it wasn't. What about offending me? So, if it's not going to be enforced, then why state it?

Then there were the people in Cabanas in barefeet and swimming suits (no coverdress). I mean, they meet you at the door with Sani towels, which I love, then let barefooted people come in to eat. Did not make sense to me.

Oh, the elevators...I can't understand why people don't use common courtesy. If someone is there BEFORE you, that means they should board BEFORE you. Disney really should have someone at each elevator station to help with this, especially during busy times such as parties and the dinner hours. People will absolutely run you over, taking no regard to who was there waiting first....

Ok...gripes over....

The weather this time was quite bad the 1st nite. Winds were around 59mph. I was amazed at how well the ship handled the seas. The boat did rock some, but nothing to what i've seen on YouTube that other ships did. Thank the Lord we didn't get seasick..The ship did well with the wavy water in my opinion.

Food was amazing as always..Cabanas is crazy busy during embarkation...wish they could do something about that, they were letting several zones load at a time so there were a ton of people getting there at the same time.

Servers were great as usual. Had Tony A. He is so good and willing to please. He remembered all of our likes from before and I found that so amazing. Foster was our stateroom host. He was good and our room was always spotless and welcoming.

Went ashore at Nassau and shopped at the Straw Market. Love going there, just be prepared to be pounced upon from the moment you walk across the water by locals just trying to make a living. It can get very annoying, but I try to keep that in mind...this is their "job"..most are very nice and accept a no thank you if you're polite about it..but there are some that just don't seem to give up. If you so much as pause and look, I can assure you someone will be there in seconds to try to sell you.

Castaway Cay is a lot of fun if you can forget that there are a ton of other people around you. Several fun things to do.

The beach and swimming areas are very crowded. Row after row of loungers..most are "reserved" with towels. It would be nice if they would develop more of the beach for guest use and to spread the people out. Food is very good and abundant. But actually, Castaway Cay day is probably the best day to stay on the ship if you don't like crowds! My husband rode the AquaDuck twice with no wait.

All in all, it's a great cruise. You're not going to beat Disney quality in my book. Even with my gripes, it is still #1 to me!

Publication Date: 01/18/14