Carnival Splendor Cruise Review by pinklion12: Great New Year's Cruise

Compare Prices on Carnival Splendor Bahamas Cruises

Great New Year's Cruise

Sail Date: December 2013
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

My husband and I recently went on this cruise to Port Canavrel and the Bahamas. I was nervous after reading some of the reviews. I was very pleased with the cruise. The embarkation and disembarkation was run very smoothly. The ship was beautiful and very well maintained. Every time you turned around the crew was scrubbing walls, painting, cleaning carpets etc.

I thought the food was good. There was definitely something for everyone. Our waiter in the dining room was nice, but he definitely didn't go above and beyond. Just all business. He never called us by name or ever made any small talk. This was pretty disappointing. I always looked forward to dinner on previous cruises because the waiters were always so nice and so much fun. I was a little disappointed with the dress in the dining room. Even on formal nights, there were people in jeans and t-shirts. I feel that the dress code should be enforced.

On our days at sea we had pretty bad weather. The boat rocked back More and forth a lot. 50 mph winds and 12ft waves. The pool indoor pool was closed most of these days, so by the end we felt like there wasn't much to do. It was too cold to go outside. We liked to go to trivia, but after the first couple of days, it was very crowed and held in small spaces. I wish they would've been held in the theater move. We really enjoyed the comedy shows. I think we went to 5 of them. The adult shows were pretty raunchy, but definitely funny. I suggest the piano bar with Tonya. It was a great time.

Spending New Years' Eve at sea was amazing. It was awesome being in the middle of the ocean with 4 other cruise ships you can see in the distance all ringing in the New Year. Definitely memorable. They did a balloon drop in the lobby and confetti and a big party on the. Lido deck at midnight. Definitely a great New Years.

Overall this was a great cruise. I would definitely recommend it to anyone. Less

Read more Carnival Splendor cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Splendor Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Splendor 8th floor

Our room steward was wonderful. He called us by name and we found ourselves chatting with him on many different occasions. His name was Frances.

There isn't a whole lot to do in Freeport. We went to Taino Beach via taxi. The beach was very nice. Once again, not a lot of people pestering you to buy things. There are restrooms there and a restaurant and bar. We had a great day there. When you return to the port, there are several local vendors there to buy from

Read 775 Freeport Reviews

(5.5)

We took a water taxi $5.00 to Cabbage Beach. I read a lot about locals who pester you to buy things. They do walk around, but it wasn't bad at all. Also, the straw markets a great place to go too. The beach is gorgeous and the water is crystal clear.

Read 2629 Nassau Reviews

In Port Canavral, we visited Kennedy Space Center. It was a great place to see and had lots to do. We probably could've spend another day there. It includes a great bus tour, IMAX, simulator, etc. I would highly recommend it.