Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by Midwestgal

Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Best cruise to date

I'm a little surprised at some of the not so good reviews , I guess it goes to show how people on the same cruise can have two totally different experiences. We sailed Liberty on December 7, 2013 on a 7 day Eastern route. This was our second time on this class of ship, we sailed her sister Freedom in 2009 and it was only ok. Boarding was fast and efficient although we were in an ocean suite 7326 and had priority boarding.

The stand out for me was the staff who we found to be really friendly, Edward & Johanna at the Alchemy bar were just wonderful making you feel like long time friends.

The food in the MDR was good some things better than others and service was very good and fast unlike our dinning room service on Freedom that was terrible and slow. Tendering to Half Moon Cay was pretty quick for the most part. The comedy club acts , we seen four and they were good and entertaining. Food on the buffet was buffet food , not sure what people expect it to be, omelet station was always good. Ship was very clean and the passengers on this sailing were just the best we have ever sailed with.

The first formal night people were dressed to the 9's , I was very surprised to see all the gowns and tuxedos being worn. The second formal night people still dressed nice but mostly in suits and dresses . I really think every cruise is different as far as how people dress.

We did order room service late one evening for a couple BLT sandwiches and they were really good.

The CD Josh does a decent job but the whole cruise director thing I can care less about. Had a great sing along in the piano bar one evening. I must say this cruise was really good and my best with Carnival so far.

The only thing I have to say we didn't like was the main showroom Victoria lounge shows......we walked out and never went back except for trivia & BINGO. I also wish there was a better choice of late night snacks other than the pizza and nasty old cheese sandwiches they serve. Guess we will stick with room service.

Publication Date: 01/16/14