Splendour of the Seas Cruise Review by lulu2189: do not go if you don't speak portuguese!!!

lulu2189
Member Since 2014

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Splendour of the Seas South America & Antarctica Cruises

do not go if you don't speak portuguese!!!

Sail Date: January 2014
Destination: South America & Antarctica
Embarkation: Santos (Sao Paulo)

I've been on two other Royal Caribbean ships and let me tell you that this has been the worst. All the good impression that the other two cruises had made the splendour of the seas just washed them away.

Almost all the passengers are Brazilians and I guess that is why all the activities are in portuguese and makes it impossible for people who speak another language to participare in. As well as it is very difficult to to communicate with most of the staff on the poolside bar and windjammer caffe. The staff basically discrimanate you for not speaking their language, the ignore you whenever you want to order something or they tell you that they are running out of products in order to get rid of you. At the Windjammer caffe the staff never come to take your drink order, and they leave the dirty dishes pile up on your table and when they see you getting up the staff comes and then cleans everything up.

The only polite staff were the staff at the King and I for dinner More time. As well as the staff at the excursion desk were helpful although for the excursions they told me to be there at 9:15 because the tour would start at 9:30 we ended up leaving the ship at 10 so we ended up losing like half an hour or even more of our tour!

In my opinion I believe that if you are already paying for a trip and you are choosing a well known cruise line so that you can have a good time and make the best of your vacacion I think that they should expand their knowledge and help everyone aboard the ship to feel welcome. Since it is an American Cruise line I would also suggest having more english speaking staff members. Less

Read more Splendour of the Seas cruise reviews >>