Pride of America Cruise Review by jeannie87: Surprised by Norwegian!

jeannie87
Member Since 2014

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Pride of America Hawaii Cruises

Surprised by Norwegian!

Sail Date: November 2013
Destination: Hawaii
Embarkation: Honolulu

My husband and I and my parents cruised the hawaiian islands on norwegian, our first cruise on this line and we were plesantly surprised!! My husband and I have cruised 15 times and my parents probably 30 times and this cruise was fantastic!

I am an avid review reader and noticed that many people used roberts and other transfer busses, we just used a taxi and got to the ship much faster and it was 30.00 for 4 people, much better that sitting on that bus waiting for it to fill up!!

My mom needed a wheelchair so as soon as we got out of the taxi I saw a man directing people so I asked for a wheelchair for my mom and he, with a quick whistle got us a wheelchair and a wonderful young man to escort us the whole way! We were on the ship in less than 30 min and were taken to the Dining room for lunch.

This ship is beautiful and the anytime dining was great. We have cruised with Royal, Carnival, Princess and Celebrity and never had anytime dining which I now love. More

We had a window cabin with a very large window, the room was plenty big for us. We are used to a balcony room and all of our previous cruises but this cruise is quite expensive so a large window cabin would have to do and it did!

The service was good no problems there.

I truely believe this is the way to see all the islands. My husband and I had never been to hawaii and this itinerary is the best!!!! 2 days is Oahu, 2 days in Kaui, 2 days in Maui and 2 onthe big island!! Perfect!!!

We booked excursions with the ship, and took off on our own also. The free shuttles at all stops were great also.

I think the highlight for my husband and I was our trip to Volcanos nat,. park from Hilo, amazing.

We booked the Pearl harbor excursion from the ship on disembark day that was handy, the bus keeps your luggage and drops you off at your hotel (we stayed over 1 day and flew home next day) everyone should see that!

The only thing that was so so was the entertainment, we didn't care for it.

All in all I would love to cruise norwegian again and I would love to do this cruise again!! Less

Read more Pride of America cruise reviews >>