“A Lovely Cruise”

ddusterr
Member Since 2006
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

We were a party of 6 who cruised on the Valor December 8-15, 2013 and we had a very good trip.

We ate dinner in the dining room and most of the food we ate was delicious {and one person in our party was a professional chef!}.

The buffet food was hit or miss, but was fine for breakfast and lunch. We ordered room service for breakfast one day when we had an early shore tour. It was very good, hot, and on time. Very relaxing way to start a busy day.

I did have a problem with some of the Puerto Rican passengers. They tended to travel in large groups and some were rude and pushy. To be fair, there were a lot of Puerto Rican guests aboard and not everyone was rude. It must be some sort of cultural difference. Things got better as the cruise progressed.

The shows we attended were fun and entertaining. The comedy shows were funny.

We liked the family comedy best.

We all got to go to new places and do new things, so it was a very special trip for all of us.

Carnival Valor Cruises to the Southern Caribbean
  • Service
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

We stayed in a balcony cabin on the port side of the ship, as did another couple in our group {two floors down}. The other couple had an interior cabin on the same floor. Our room was a nice cabin with everything working and a very good cleaning crew that kept it spotless. We didn't have problems with smokers in adjoining cabins smoking on the balconies.If I had one request from Carnival--it would be for them to add foam pads to the beds. After a couple of days I stopped my cabin steward and asked for a pad to be added to our bed. He didn't have a very good understanding of the English language, but a padding of some sort was placed on our bed and it made it better.  Another person in our group complained about the hard beds, as well.
Published 01/16/14
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Valor Review
Carnival Valor Cruises to the Southern Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?