Bahamas Celebration Cruise Review by EBISSS: Disappointed!!

EBISSS
Member Since 2014

Cabin Not Rated
Family & Children 1.0

Disappointed!!

Sail Date: January 2014
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Other

I went with a group of people. We departed from the Palm Beach port on 1/11/14 and arrived back on 1/13/14. We were all very excited when we got on the ship, but soon realized it was a "sales" pitch cruise. We had two kids with us and they did not have much activities for them to do. As a result, we had to book an excursion (going to Lucas Hotel) and spend a day there. This was a cost we did not budget for when we booked the cruise. It was OK at the hotel, but the food was terrible, nothing authentic as you would expect.

Every thing on the ship was an extra cost. They did not provide free soda, ice cream or snack items for little kids...you had to pay extra for EVERYTHING. Also, they were always looking to sell something to people on the ship (even bottle water). We were shocked when we got our bill. They actually charged $24.99 per day to actually clean up your room (regular housekeeping). We thought it would be part of the price that we purchased the cruise for!!! The More drinks were terrible and very expensive. Breakfast food was good, but lunch and dinner was not that great.

The staff were nice during our stay, but we noticed that the last day (the morning you arrive to leave for home) they were not as friendly. Some of them were extremely rude while we were getting our breakfast. I guess they knew they will not see us again.

Overall, I'm very disappointed with this cruise line. We payed several hundred dollars because it seemed fairly economical, but in reality this 2 day cruise cost my husband and I (we took our toddler son too) more money due to the extra fees and cost of things on the ship. It's truly a shame the way they advertise their package and the cost that are involved. I would not recommend it... Less

Read more Bahamas Celebration cruise reviews >>