Carnival Valor Cruise Review by flywife: Not Great....

flywife
Member Since 2010

Value for Money Not Rated

Compare Prices on Carnival Valor Southern Caribbean Cruises

Not Great....

Sail Date: December 2013
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Embarkation: San Juan

My family and I sailed aboard the Carnival Valor out of San Juan from December 22, 2013- December 29, 2013. First of all, the safety drill/orientation was so unorganized and appeared to be haphazard. If we did need to abandon the ship, I am not sure that everyone would have made it off safely. Secondly, aside from our room steward and some of our dining room staff, we were unimpressed with the service. Our room steward, I Putu was fabulous. Also, I did go to the spa and thought that Laura did a great job. However, in general, it seemed that most of the staff didn't want to be there. Thirdly, the food was subpar compared to other large cruises we have taken.

The best aspects of this cruise were the entertainment and the ports. The worst was the location of our room. It was under "Rosie's" dining area and was across from a housekeeping closet, as well as a storage room. This lead to noise late at night and early in the am above our room and noise across from our room at times More too. Our teenagers were down the hall in an inside room and did not hear any noise at all. Less

Read more Carnival Valor cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Valor Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Valor Balcony Verandah 8348

Bad location in terms of noise from Rosie's dining area above the room and noise emanating from the housekeeping closet and storage room across the way.