“Not Great....”
Cruise review of Carnival Valor

flywife Carnival Valor 2 Not Great....
flywife
Member Since 2010
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

My family and I sailed aboard the Carnival Valor out of San Juan from December 22, 2013- December 29, 2013. First of all, the safety drill/orientation was so unorganized and appeared to be haphazard. If we did need to abandon the ship, I am not sure that everyone would have made it off safely. Secondly, aside from our room steward and some of our dining room staff, we were unimpressed with the service. Our room steward, I Putu was fabulous. Also, I did go to the spa and thought that Laura did a great job. However, in general, it seemed that most of the staff didn't want to be there. Thirdly, the food was subpar compared to other large cruises we have taken.

The best aspects of this cruise were the entertainment and the ports. The worst was the location of our room. It was under "Rosie's" dining area and was across from a housekeeping closet, as well as a storage room. This lead to noise late at night and early in the am above our room and noise across from our room at times too. Our teenagers were down the hall in an inside room and did not hear any noise at all.

Carnival Valor Cruises to the Southern Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

8348
Bad location in terms of noise from Rosie's dining area above the room and noise emanating from the housekeeping closet and storage room across the way.
Published 01/16/14
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Valor Review
Carnival Valor Cruises to the Southern Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?