Voyager of the Seas Cruise Review by AdrianaSampaio: Crowded, poor service, big disappointment

AdrianaSampaio
Member Since 2011

Compare Prices on Voyager of the Seas Australia & New Zealand Cruises

Crowded, poor service, big disappointment

Sail Date: January 2014
Destination: Australia & New Zealand
Embarkation: Sydney (Australia)

Let me start with a little bit about myself.

. This was my 5th cruise (3rd with RC)

. We travel as a couple, as a family and with group of friends, for this cruise it was a couple cruise

. We (hubby and me) are 42

. We are very down to earth people :)

We decided to try the voyager, after cruising with rhapsody and radiance of the seas in the past.

We thought that a bigger ship would be nicer, better than the others.

What a disappointment.

At check in on Sydney port, we were not acknowledged as a past cruiser and a crown and anchor members. It was fast, but no smiles.

We boarded at3pm so our room was ready, we went straight to it.

We booked a balcony room, it was nice, clean (dusty inside the cupboards ) a letter welcoming as back from C&A was a nice touch, our room attendant come in and introduced himself, he was nice and friendly.

We went to Windjammer for a quick look, and it More wasn't packed, the variety of food not bigger than radiance or rhapsody, we sat down and tried a few things.

We missed our first dinner at Carmen restaurante (I had a head ache and went to bed early)

First morning, breakfast at Windjammer (around 10am) it was a nightmare! No tables available, people queuing up for every thing, to get the plate, to get fruit, to get eggs, after managing to make palate we had to walk a lot, and few laps around the place to find a table to seat and eat.

We had an afternoon snack at windjammer as we wanted to try the Carmen restaurant.

We had been allocated the second seating (8.15) so around 8.20 we were at the door, actually in front of the lifts as a huge crowd were waiting to get inside, it was a formal night, few pushes and squezing we managed to get in the restaurant, as we had missed the previous night dinner, we asked directions to our "supposed" 2 seats table, for my surprise we had been seated with a group of 12 people, we. Asked for another table and asked to wait for another 1/2 hour until everyone to be seated to see if we could be accommodated, we decided to go to the windjammer again.

On the last night we wanted to try something different, portofino was booked out,so we headed to The Magic Flute, just to be refused entry and to be told that our dinning room was the Carmen and that was it.

Without any other options we went to the windjammer AGAIN. By now we knew exactly everything that was on offer as the options are always the same.

So our dining. Experience was bad, the only good thing about it was that we always got the same assistant waiter on windjammer REynante and he was the only staff member with a smile and that was always able to help, to get our wine and drinks.

The spa is overpriced, the shops without much option of thing to buy.

The cafe promenade was terrible, if one wants a. Coffee, one needs to stay in a long queue to pay, than wait another 5 minutes to get the coffee, and it doesn't taste good. RC should know that this is not a good experience, they should either put more staff members, for a faster service, or add more venues with coffee.

We drank our two water bottles from our minibar and it wasn't replaced, we then tried to buy more water on the promenade and after waiting at sports bars, and the pub, and walking past the huge queue at the cafe promenade we went to our room and asked for room service to bring us some water, it was the only way to be able to buy water without having to wait in queues.

Cutting the long story short, it was a terrible cruise, and every now and then we heard people complaining too, and saying never again on voyager of the seas.

If this was my first cruise with RC I'm not sure if I would use then again, but I know that the smaller ships are nice and had a great service.

I found the staff, the amenities, the bars and restaurants very crowded.

The swimming pool was full all the time, the adults pool only very small and not big enough fir the amount of people on board, the main pool full of kids and more adults and literally no space for one to gt in without touching someone else.

Glasses, cups and plates everywhere on the ship.

It seems to me that there wasn't enough staff members to cope with the number of people on board.

I was luck that it was a short cruise! But as a sampler cruise it should sell it and have a top service and top quality amenities, and it did the opposite.

Avoid this ship! Less

Read more Voyager of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Voyager of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Voyager of the Seas 8248

Room was nice and comfortable with lots of storage space, a bit dated and in need of a renovation but average good.