Celebrity Summit Cruise Review by OttawaGuy48: Fantastic line, fantastic trip, Don't go alone

OttawaGuy48
Member Since 2013

Compare Prices on Celebrity Summit Southern Caribbean Cruises

Fantastic line, fantastic trip, Don't go alone

Sail Date: November 2013
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Embarkation: San Juan

I enjoyed my trip very much, the food was good, the accommodations and service was excellent. Amenities were great, the shows and onboard entertainment and pretty much anything was great. There was only two things I didn't like: 1. When you want to try something, they hard sell you for more. It would be nice to just try and then let me decide if I want more but I guess they need to meet their quotas to keep the price down. Overall it wasn't too bad. 2. I traveled solo and maybe I am just to romantic in my outlook but I didn't find this cruise very accommodating for singles. If you can go with friends then great but I felt alone on a ship with 2000 people. Sure, the couples and groups are nice and welcoming but I found a lot of the activities were geared to couples and I guess that's right because there are few solo travelers.

Everything was fantastic, I would suggest pre-booking your excursions because as soon as you leave the ship, there are a ton of people looking to take More you everywhere and if you don't know where to go then they will take advantage of you. In St. Lucia, I just wanted to go to a beach and the cabby took me to one, he was nice but when I got there, for 2 hours I sat on the beach and continuous beach sellers were hounding me. I was so sick of it. I understand their point of view but come once, not every 15 minutes.

Antigua was gorgeous but I didn't get a chance to see much of the inner island but would go back for a longer vacation.

I did meet many Canadians and others on board, if you are going solo or just a couple, do the seating for dinner, it will allow you to meet new people and if you don't like them, there are other places to dine.

I was quite satisfied with my ocean view room, it was clean and had all I needed. a balcony would be nice but for more than one cause we aren't there to spend time in the cabin. if it was a free upgrade then great.

Overall there are no complaints about the ship, it was fantastic, the islands were great, I guess it would have been nicer to either go with someone or try another line that caters more to singles.

You will love Celebrity because there are no lines for food, no big crowds, the ship is big enough for everyone and yet intimate enough. Less

Read more Celebrity Summit cruise reviews >>