Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review by meno: best cruise ever!

meno
Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Celebrity Constellation Transatlantic Cruises

best cruise ever!

Sail Date: November 2013
Destination: Transatlantic
Embarkation: Rome (Civitavecchia)

We are not new to cruising, this being our 33rd cruise since 1978 and I have to say with the exception of a couple of minor glitches, it will be known as the best cruise we have ever taken. This is the first review I’ve ever written. We flew to Rome, spent 3 days before boarding. (We booked the hotel and choice air thru the cruise line and everything went perfect.) The 1st day in Rome, we went to Vatican City. Took small private tours thru Celebrity, for all our Rome tours, to tour the Vatican, you do need a ticket, and if you don't book a tour you will stand in line for 2 to 3 hours. All I can say about the Vatican, St Peters Basilica, and the Sistine Chapel, is that it was breathtaking! I just can't express the emotions we felt. We also toured the Colosseum, and the Roman Forum. Which were very impressive. The Crown Plaza hotel, was okay, but for the cost, we've stayed in better. I did not consider it a 4 star....more like a Holiday Inn, It was also NOT with in walking More distance of anything as was advertised. But the restaurant was fantastic and reasonably priced. On the 24th we boarded the ship and were thrilled to see how large our cabin was. We were able to get a 2 room FV aft cabin for the 2 of us. It was wonderful!

We had the best Captain ever. Captain Tasos Kafetzis, and we will be sure to sail with him again. along with JC, our cruise director and Mark, activities director, whose specialty was watching for icebergs! One of our favorite restaurants on the ship is Bistro on 5, this is where we head as soon as we board It is delicious plus no standing in line. This is the only specialty restaurant we go to, the food in the main dining Room is wonderful. The only problem was, the lack of veggies, but we just asked for them.

On the 25th, we toured the Leaning tower of Pisa; As interesting as the leaning tower was, seeing the Alps in the background, a very beautiful sight.

We are Elite members and on this cruise instead of having our "private" cocktail party from 5 to 7, they gave us tickets to use for our drinks at various lounges. My husband and I decided we liked this option much better than standing in a long line, then TRYING to find seats just for a free drink!

Our next stop was Cartagina, Spain. We docked within walking distance of the city so decided not to take a tour. A very relaxing day and beautiful little city, enjoyed it very much.

Thursday, was a sea day and Thanksgiving, The weather is warm enough now to sit on our balcony and the beginning of our 25 hr days!

Friday, we arrived in Agadir, Morocco, I’m not going to say much about this except to say it was really nasty, and it was quit apparent they didn't want Americans there! The ship refunded everyone their tour money and I was really relieved to be back on the ship.

Next stop was Lanzarote, Canary Island. Once again we could walk into town and had a very nice relaxing time.

Saturday was our last stop before crossing the Atlantic. We were scheduled for a camel ride thru the dessert, in Gran Canaria, Canary Island, I really recommend this! We had so much fun.

The rest of the trip was spent crossing the Atlantic and it was so relaxing and so much fun. We love the Constellation. It's a beautiful ship and we will be sure to sail on her again! Less

Read more Celebrity Constellation cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Constellation Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Constellation 8183fv

We were lucky to get this room. There are 2 rooms and a very large balcony. nice layout and more than enough storage space for 4 people