Royal Princess 5

“Wonderful Ship!”
Cruise review of Royal Princess

S & A

Overall Member Rating

My daughter and 7 month old grandson joined me on this cruise. We had a fabulous time! The ship is gorgeous! This is my 7th cruise on Princess. I have previously sailed on the Regal, Sun, Saphire, Diamond, Crown and Caribbean. The Royal is my favorite!

Dining: We had anytime dining. The first night, we went to the Concerto dining room about 9 pm. We were seated in Diana and Dwi's station. We fell in love with them immediately, so we proceeded to eat there every night. They adored my grandson! They provided us with great service, and even rocked the baby to sleep in his stroller or played with him so we could eat (when they weren't busy). The hostesses, other servers and the Maître D' came to talk and play with the baby every night! They all knew him by name. The food in the dining room was very good. We ate in the Horizon Court a few times. The food was ok and there were always plenty of seats. We loved the International Cafe! We also enjoyed Alfredo's. More

Entertainment: We saw all the shows in the Princess Theater. They were all excellent and were the best we have ever seen on a ship! The bands, dancing, parties etc. were great! We partied every night till one in the morning with the baby! We got to know many of the entertainment staff, as they all loved the baby and took turns holding him.

Ports:

Princess Cays: we had a bungalow and paid the extra to have a special lunch that was served to us in air conditioning. It was well worth the money to have this once-in-a lifetime experience, and was very helpful with the baby.

St. Thomas: we went to Magen's Bay. Beautiful, but crowded.

St. Martin: we stayed on the ship because we didn't want to take a chance with the baby developing the mosquto-borne illness.

We met many wonderful people on this cruise who we will remain friends with. The crew was amazing!

Stateroom: B414 - midship mini suite category MA - we had an extra large angled balcony under the seaview bar. We loved our cabin. Our steward was just ok.

Many on CC have complained about the elevators. Yes, sometimes we had to wait a few minutes for one with enough room for the stroller, but it was no big deal. The toilet paper holder was a non-issue. The lack of midship stairs was not a problem for us.

Only one gripe: There needs to be baby changing stations around the ship. There was not one, so we always had to go back to the cabin. Less

Royal Princess Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean

Overall Ratings

Sail Date: January 2014
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review:

B414
This was my first mini suite, which we needed with the baby. We loved it! Our stateroom was under the Seaview Bar and had a large angled balcony, which was plenty big for 2 lounge chairs with footrests and a table. I believe it was more than double the size of the typical balcony. Our room steward was just ok.

Published 01/13/14

Helpful? Thank S & A
Read Cruise Critic's Royal Princess Review

Royal Princess Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?