Carnival Fascination Cruise Review by anniesezhi2u

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Fascination Cruise Review by anniesezhi2u
Carnival Fascination
Carnival Fascination
Member Name: anniesezhi2u
Cruise Date: January 2014
Embarkation: Jacksonville
Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Number: E183

Disappointing First Cruise

Embarkation was slow but tolerable. My sister and I were in a small inside cabin with **'surprise'** bunk beds. We are both over 50 and this was difficult. Nowhere on our booking did it say we were going to be set up this way. As a matter of fact I remember listing "no bunk beds" as a special request. At no time EVER were we asked if we needed help with finding anything on the ship. We had NO maps so we wandered around back and forth and up and down the stairs and elevators (as did many others) to find any of the activities. I have foot problems and my feet were in agony every night.

We spent the first two nights in the early seated dinner which turned out to be a long tedious wait for food that was cold and tasteless.. The chocolate melting cake was good. The cherries Jubilee was just warm cherries floating in melted Ice cream.. that was pretty stupid. Why call it that? I ordered the Southern Fried chicken 'breasts only' because I am allergic to seafood and do not eat red meat. I got thighs instead. I reordered, got a lump of cold vegetables, refused it, and finally got my breast of chicken as it was time to go.. Our service was Extremely slow. Our table was the last one out both nights. After that we abandoned the sit down dining room and went for the buffet.. It wasn't much better, but at least we got in and out in less than 30 minutes. Chicken strips and french fries.. Bananas Grapes and pineapple.. That was pretty much the only things I had that were edible.

I enjoyed the shows and the comedians, but they were very limited. The cruise director was nowhere to be found unless you were at one of the shows. I remember him saying 'if you need anything just ask any of our staff which will be located at all areas on the ship'. I never saw anyone. I tried to ask a bartender where a bathroom was and he just pointed down a large hallway. There were no maps except at the guest services desk. And those were on the wall so they were useless if you got lost mid ship.lol. We didn't find the shops until the 3rd day when My sister went wandering around and got lost. I am surprised we were able to find them again.

The weather was bad so we didn't venture out on the decks, so I was very disappointed there wasn't more to do inside. I feel like we were treated like cattle.. Herd'em in and herd'em out. I will NEVER go on another Carnival cruise. And finally on our way out, we had to go down the stairs with our luggage (2 hours late) and one staff member picked up my large suitcase to help me down the last few steps.

Publication Date: 01/13/14