Pride of America Cruise Review by hanmember: Highly recommend Suite

Highly recommend Suite

Sail Date: November 2013
Destination: Hawaii
Embarkation: Honolulu

Let me first say we are used to sailing with Regent, so I was nervous about "downgrading" to NCL. However, I wanted to visit Hawaii and NCL's port intensive itinerary appealed to us. NCL suite guests get special perks. Priority embarkation - after checking in at the terminal, we were escorted to a private lounge and then up to our suite. Luggage was waiting for us in suite.

Private dining for suite guests in Cagney's Steakhouse for breakfast and lunch. Nice menu selection. I loved the almond bear claws! No complaints about service. Dining in both main dining rooms was a disappointment. The turkey and mashed potatoes were barely recognizable. I'm not kidding; our table companion asked, "What is that?" when she saw my plate. DH's lamb was full of fat and grizzle. Why should we have to pay extra to eat in a specialty restaurant to get decent food? We had dinner in two specialty restaurants: Cagney's Steakhouse (very good) and Teppanyaki (very, very loud, OK food).

We More hated the constant picture taking, especially when disembarking during ports of call. Be sure to keep track of your room tab during the cruise so there are no surprises at the end. Make sure you understand the difference between refundable room credit and non-refundable room credit. Non-refundable room credit cannot be used for gratuities. Less

Read more Pride of America cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Pride of America Review >>

Cabin review: Pride of America 10512

Large, spacious but the ceiling corner squeaked (upper right corner over bed) when the ship was moving. It took two days for maintenance to arrive. They reduced the squeak but it was still there. So, in the middle of the night, DH was pounding the room cork screw in the crack with his bottom of his shoe. There are now black heel marks on the ceiling. Don't stay in this room!