Queen Elizabeth Cruise Review by BenL

Member Name: BenL
Cruise Date: January 2014
Embarkation: Southampton
Destination: British Isles & Western Europe
See More About: Queen Elizabeth Cruise Reviews | British Isles & Western Europe Cruise Reviews | Cunard Cruise Deals
Spa & Fitness 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

LuxuryOnly.com

Ship Facts: Queen Elizabeth Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Queen Elizabeth Deck Plans
Not at all bad.......

I booked this last minute and secured a Britannia Balcony cabin for a knock down price. I was concerned because I usually travel on QM2 in Princess Grill and was not sure what to expect.

First impressions of Elizabeth are great - public rooms are impeccable and well decorated. The cabin was spacious, clean and well maintained. We even had a full bottle of sparkling wine to send us on our way! My only criticism would be that the shower room was very small and got very steamy. Having said that there was plenty of storage for clothes and cases in the room.

We dined at second seating - very pleasant experience. I do not think the food was up to the same standard as The Grills but still very good, served hot, and in a friendly and timely manner. Food from the Lido was also of a good standard and there was a great variety.

All of the crew were friendly and helpful as I have come to expect from Cunard.

My only criticism would have to be entertainment. 2 shows were repeated on the 4 nights and the other shows weren't great. The singers and dancers tried hard but didn't seem that bothered or interested. Shame. There was also no guest speakers or entertainers as there usually are on transatlantic crossings. Without these speakers I found the daytimes a bit empty and I have to say at times it felt like we were on a floating old age pensioner's outing. Not much to do unless you like bingo, knitting or listening to talks about feet......!

Evenings were fun though - the Yacht Club really came alive and the live band were good too.

Fitness options were good too - no indoor pool though (unless you pay extortionate rates to use the Royal Spa) or you are brave enough to brave the outside pools.

All in all though this cruise was great value for money and I would recommend Elizabeth to couples / mature adults without children and yes, I'd sail on her again......!

Publication Date: 01/13/14
More Queen Elizabeth Cruise Reviews

Read the previous Queen Elizabeth review Read the next Queen Elizabeth review

More British Isles & Western Europe Reviews
Disappointing
Queen Elizabeth Christmas Markets...
First time on RCI