Queen Elizabeth Cruise Review by BenL: Not at all bad.......

BenL
Member Since 2012
1 Post

Compare Prices on Queen Elizabeth Europe - British Isles & Western Cruises

Not at all bad.......

Sail Date: January 2014
Destination: Europe - British Isles & Western
Embarkation: Southampton

I booked this last minute and secured a Britannia Balcony cabin for a knock down price. I was concerned because I usually travel on QM2 in Princess Grill and was not sure what to expect.

First impressions of Elizabeth are great - public rooms are impeccable and well decorated. The cabin was spacious, clean and well maintained. We even had a full bottle of sparkling wine to send us on our way! My only criticism would be that the shower room was very small and got very steamy. Having said that there was plenty of storage for clothes and cases in the room.

We dined at second seating - very pleasant experience. I do not think the food was up to the same standard as The Grills but still very good, served hot, and in a friendly and timely manner. Food from the Lido was also of a good standard and there was a great variety.

All of the crew were friendly and helpful as I have come to expect from Cunard.

My only criticism would have to be entertainment. 2 More shows were repeated on the 4 nights and the other shows weren't great. The singers and dancers tried hard but didn't seem that bothered or interested. Shame. There was also no guest speakers or entertainers as there usually are on transatlantic crossings. Without these speakers I found the daytimes a bit empty and I have to say at times it felt like we were on a floating old age pensioner's outing. Not much to do unless you like bingo, knitting or listening to talks about feet......!

Evenings were fun though - the Yacht Club really came alive and the live band were good too.

Fitness options were good too - no indoor pool though (unless you pay extortionate rates to use the Royal Spa) or you are brave enough to brave the outside pools.

All in all though this cruise was great value for money and I would recommend Elizabeth to couples / mature adults without children and yes, I'd sail on her again......! Less

Read more Queen Elizabeth cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Queen Elizabeth Review >>

Cabin review: Queen Elizabeth Balcony Deck 6 6179

Great cabin with no obstructions. Plenty of storage space and close to stairs / lifts.