“Love the Pearl”

Junonia
Member Since 2008
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

This is our second time on the Pearl. My husband and I love this ship and always have a great time. I have just a few tips and critiques to offer:

Tip- when dining (breakfast or lunch) on deck 12 buffets, eat in La Cucina. It's the only place on the ship that isn't packed during peak hours.

On the last day of the cruise, eat breakfast in the Summer Palace. Again, no one is there are the service is great. It's also fabulous not to have to lay around in a lounge with your suitcases.

Avoid Tepanyaki. The food is just ok and was hardly worth the $25 cover charge. Our chef was slow and dropped a lot of things. His was nice, but his cooking was mediocre. Dessert was terrible! It was some kind of pea green colored stale cake with the same color ice cream. I would have rather eaten at the buffet on the lido deck.

Spa- usually we buy the spa passes but the price was jacked up to $149 for the week. Unacceptable! But I did miss the solitude.

Service was fantastic in all areas as usual.

Watch out for the store vendors at the port in Cozumel. A lot of the tanzanite is fake, and I'm sure that's not the only fake jewelery. There is a really fun all inclusive tropical beach resort in Cozumel called Mr Sanchos. For $55 you get an all inclusive (with liqour!) day at the beach. It's an $18 cab ride for 4 people from the dock. You can also go to the beach free and make purchases ala carte.

All in all, a great trip!

Norwegian Pearl Cruises to the Western Caribbean
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Norwegian Pearl Review
Norwegian Pearl Cruises to the Western Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?