Star Princess Cruise Review by ezstreet: Not my favorite.

ezstreet
Member Since 2012

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Star Princess Hawaii Cruises

Not my favorite.

Sail Date: November 2013
Destination: Hawaii
Embarkation: Los Angeles

This was our third Princess cruise. The other two were fantastic, this one not so much. First, I ordered hors d'oeuvres to be delivered to our cabin about 3 hours after we expected to arrive. They were already in our very hot cabin when we got there. None of us were willing to take a chance on hot shrimp or caviar. Even the cheese was hot and limp. I called room service and they replaced the three plates that I paid for with two - and delivered those to the same hot cabin while we were at the security briefing, not an hour an a half later as they had scheduled.

We dined in the Horizon Court and two of the main dining rooms. With only one exception, the wait staff were very unfriendly. On our previous cruises, they have been a highlight of our trip, but this time was far from that. We were traveling as a group of 8, most of whom are very friendly and outgoing. None of us could get a smile, much less a laugh out of our servers. We couldn't figure out what the problem was since More it carried throughout each of the dining areas.

We had looked forward to watching a couple of football games on board, but found that the only place we could do that was either the "movies under the starts" (which was cold and wet much of the time) or in a bar that was one of the only smoking areas on the ship.

The live entertainment was not up to the usual Princess standards. For 15 days, 10 of which were at sea, there was not enough variety of activities. The weather was another factor, but one out of anyone's control. It was rough and cold for most of the trip, except in Hawaii. Perhaps another time of year would have been better. This sounds like a lot of whining, but I swear we are not hard to please!!

All in all, we would not recommend the Star Princess or this cruise, but we still love Princess! Less

Read more Star Princess cruise reviews >>