Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by Iowa_Vike: Great times again with Royal Caribbean

Iowa_Vike
Member Since 2013
1 Post

Compare Prices on Enchantment of the Seas Bahamas Cruises

Great times again with Royal Caribbean

Sail Date: January 2014
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

Just got back from our 4 night cruise on Enchantment of the Seas, Jan. 6th sailing. Me and my wife took my son and his friend, and my 2 daughters for my sons graduation gift.

Although, the weather was not the best is was still better than what I had to come back too.. This was our 3rd cruise with Royal Caribbean.

First off we were upgraded to a Suite on the 8th floor. If you haven't had a suite, you must try it. It's a get-away within a get-away. The private balcony was awesome!. Along with the Grand Suite, we had gold card status which got us preferred check in, departure, and access to the concierge lounge with complimentary drinks and hors d'oeuvres each night. It was great!.

Like I said, Embarkation went really smooth with our status but the terminal didn't look too busy anyway. We went to have a bite to eat at the Windjammer and wait for our rooms to be ready. Rooms were ready for us about 1:30.

The Windjammer Café was your typical More buffet. All the food I tried was done very well and I had no complaints. Only thing that makes the buffet difficult is the lack of buffet etiquette from some people. Please review this if your our going to a buffet of any kind.

The dinners are always great in the dining hall. We had first seating at the My Fair lady dining room. Our servers, Jefferson and Rony, did a great job. The food choices were very good and if you wanted more, just ask. I thought the dance routine the waiters do was not very coordinated. They have done better at other cruises.

We went to the magic show which was very good. A person told us at dinner that we needed to see the magic show so we took his advice. It was worth it. A must see.

I spent time in the with my son and his friend while my wife spent time on the balcony reading. I Didn't win anything but my son seamed to be winning a little from time to time. I thought the layout of the casino was little tight and even though they allow smoking, it wasn't really that smokey.

My kids roamed the ship a lot and did a lot of the activities until about 2am. A lot later than me and the wife want to stay up. The wind was always blowing so the rock wall and the bunging trampoline were closed a lot. They never tried them out. With the wind, we couldn't stop at Coco Cay either which was a disappointment. This was the second time in our 3 cruises we were unable to stop, however, one of the times we stopped on the trip back to Florida so we didn't miss the island. This time we had gale force winds every day so we went on to Nassau and docked for a day and a half. This was fine by me so we didn't have to be rocking about in the ship. I didn't get sick or anything, I just don't care for fighting with the rocking all the time.

Nassau was like it always is, a tourist trap. Just be careful of what you buy and where you go. I still like walking around the city and seeing the culture and people. Stopped and had Conch Fritters and Kalik beer. Very good. One day, I want to take a tour of the city and learn of its history and government structure.

The last day is at sea which I like cause we don't have to get on or off the boat. I just chilled by the pool, had some drinks, napped, ate, you name it.

Disembarkation went smooth again. We were 1st group out because of the upgrade and got breakfast in the dining room before leaving. Only trouble was when we got to our transfer to the hotel and didn't have our voucher. I didn't know we needed a voucher and was not given one, however, it was quickly resolved and we were on our way back to cold Iowa. :(

I would recommend this cruise to anyone wanting a quick get away. Royal Caribbean does a great job making the people happy and included. Less

Read more Enchantment of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Enchantment of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Enchantment of the Seas 8034

Our room was great! And our room attendant, Elmer, did a very good job for us and addressed any questions or concerns we had about the trip or the room. My only complaints are very minor. The middle little above the curtain on the balcony would blink or flash all night. Not real bright but it caught my eye on the first night. I showed Elmer but it didn't do it at the time. About like anything right?The first night the bathroom had an order to it. I didn't notice it the next couple of days.And on the last night the safe door in the cabinet was rocking back and forth knocking on the cabinet doors. Make sure this safe is shut if you are on choppy seas. All in all a great room.