Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Cruise Review by batkins: Great value for Money

Compare Prices on Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Transatlantic Cruises

Great value for Money

Sail Date: December 2013
Destination: Transatlantic
Embarkation: New York (Brooklyn, Red Hook)

I sailed transatlantic in a Queen's Grill Suite with my dog in the kennels. I have not cruised before, but have for many years enjoyed only the best travelling around the world for business. This was by no means a cheap trip, but I felt it was areal value, an opinion shared by many others I met.

Boarding was delayed due to the snow in new York, but the "dog people" were boarded with priority to minimize contact with other passengers. We were immediately taken to the kennel, left our dogs there and went to our staterooms. Luggage was either there already or very shortly after.

My suite was spacious and very tasteful. Huge closet space which could take my 6 bags, king bed. Bar set up and 2 bottles of liquor included. Nice big balcony and 2 big windows.

This suite includes a Butler and I can only say that it was like having one of my own. A phone call was all it took and all requests met with a smile. The same for the room steward - both were happy to talk More and share experiences. I noticed that they, as did all the crew, weighed up a passenger to see how much and what kind of interaction was appropriate. In my case they correctly realized that I am very open and like to talk and get to know people and this is what they did.

Queen's grill restaurant is very formal but again barriers broke down quickly and each guest was treated a little differently according to their type. Food was for the most part excellent, with huge amount of choice and imaginative daily specials. No-one could possible fail to find something they like. I can imagine that some cruisers may find Cunard just too formal, but I like that on special occasions, which this Cruise was too me and apparently to many others who were clearly enjoying it.

The care for my dog was outstanding - only 12 kennels and only on transatlantic crossings, so "Cunard Dogs" are a pretty exclusive bunch and accordingly had QM2 jackets, crossing certificates and a photo shoot! We all agreed that it was one of our best dog experiences ever. JoJo the Kennel Master was a natural and installed total confidence in all the owners.

Disembarkation was the same professional procedure - dogs off first and bags waiting - we were outside just about 45 minutes after leaving the stateroom.

As one who is not easily impressed, this is a very memorable travel experience for all the right reasons.

A truly professional operation from booking to disembarkation, with well-trained staff and excellent service. Less

Read more Queen Mary 2 (QM2) cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Review >>

Cabin review: Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Queens Suite Deck 10 10024

Very quiet location - lots of space, huge walk-in closet.