MSC Divina Cruise Review by p4ddyw4ck: Christmas and new year back to back.

p4ddyw4ck
Member Since 2014

Family & Children 1.0

Compare Prices on MSC Divina Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Christmas and new year back to back.

Sail Date: December 2013

We have just returned from the Christmas and new year back to back Caribbean cruise on the Divina.

We were in the yacht club and I have to say that if we were travelling non-yacht club I would be unhappy.

Boarding with the butler service was impressive as was dis embarkation incredibly quick from start to finish and only about 20 mins and straight to our stateroom.

Firt impressions on were embarcation was WOW!! this is beautiful. The italian design was amazing and every time we wealked through the ship the feelin was the same.

Our suite and balcony although beautiful were a little small but not a great issue. Butlers and in fact all of the staff in the yacht club area were fantastic. Theay realy took to our 18 month old grandaughter and she to them. I cannot fault the staff at all.

FOOD.

In the muse restaurant the food was good and the staff excellent but the desert menu was very limited and did not change at all. The main courses More and starters changed daily with also a selection of constant dishes as well.

The cafeteria I thought was crowded and the variety of dishes was limited also seating was hard to finf.

in the yacht club area the food was good and constant and in the topsail lounge there were snacks all day and evening.

DRINK

in the yacht club it was all included but as soon as you leve the yacht club you have to pay, this i think needs changing. You are either Yacht club and all inclusive or you are not. I cannot see the americans putting up with that too long.

first week was great but the second week there were kids all over the place running riot, this did not please us.

ENTERTAINMENT.

WOW!! fantastic, what amazing voices and costumes. There is a huge amount of very varied talent on the DIVINA well done in that department.

PORTS OF CALL

why would you schedule a stop on christmas day when virtually everything is closed? odd.

On the final leg of thje journey we could not stop at great stirrups cay because of bad weather. This annoyed me quite a lot because the bridge have a far better Iidea of weather conditions and they knew that it would not be safe to tender on arrival so why go there? We had a similar incident with azamara so instead they took us to a different port where they could go alongside. I do'nt feel that they tried very hard on this ocasion.

Would we go with MSC again? Probably but only yacht club. On the rest of the ship it looked over crowded and uncomfortable also expensive. They were even charging for water as passengers were disembarking. Less

Read more MSC Divina cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's MSC Divina Review >>

Cabin review: MSC Divina 160018

Lovely decoration and loads of storage. Overall I thought a little small for a suite and the balcony was cramped. Bathroom great with bath and a good shower. But all very comfortable.