“An Excellent First Cruise for our Family”
Cruise review of Royal Caribbean Brilliance of the Seas

kbfamilycruiser Brilliance of the Seas 5 An Excellent First Cruise for our Family
kbfamilycruiser
Member Since 2013
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

Although I had been on a couple of cruises many years ago, this was the first for my wife and two daughters. We also brought my mother-in-law along. It could not have turned out better.

The ship was beautiful and there were many things to do and see. It was large enough to have lots to do, but not so large that it was overwhelming. The outdoor orientation of the Radiance class (many spaces are designed to be wide open and have views of the sea) was very nice. The staterooms (we had balcony rooms on decks 8 and 9) were reasonably sized and well taken care of. The food was very good in the regular dining rooms. We had a couple meals in the specialty places, and I think it was nice to do that because it felt like a special occasion, but it was really not necessary to do so for the food, as the food in the regular places was quite good. Service was excellent throughout the ship. The entertainment was very good. The fitness center was very nice, with excellent views - I was there every day at least once a day - though it could get crowded, I never had trouble getting on equipment. The ship felt safe enough that we were able to let our 8 and 11 year old daughters move around relatively freely, which made things much easier for us than many other vacations. My main suggestion would be that it would be good if the guest services people had a clearer idea of what was going on - they seemed fairly confused about things like arrival times and how the tenders would work. We eventually got the information we needed - but the activities people ended up being more reliable than guest services. Speaking of the activities people - they are amazing - unlimited energy, creativity and patience. I don't know how they do it!

Bottom line, after this experience, my family is looking forward to going on another cruise some day, and would definitely lean toward Royal Caribbean.

Brilliance of the Seas Cruises to the Western Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

9542
It was a decent size. Designed for 3, but we fit 4 in it comfortably. It is very nice to have a balcony - we used it every day. Amazing how they have little storage spaces all over the room!

Amazing Cozumel Race

Amazing Cozumel Race was a highlight of our trip. Our family of four - with daughters aged 8 and 11 - had a blast solving the clues and going from place to place, seeing parts of town we might not otherwise have seen. It was fun and only as strenuous as you chose to make it. The company does a fantastic job and we recommend it very highly.

Snorkeling

Fantastic visit to Stingray City. Excellent snorkeling. Relatively small boat with smaller group of people made the experience very pleasant.

Stingray Swim

Published 01/11/14
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Brilliance of the Seas Review
Brilliance of the Seas Cruises to the Western Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?