Noordam Cruise Review by Emmy62

Noordam
Noordam
Member Name: Emmy62
Cruise Date: December 2013
See More About: Noordam Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Holland America Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: Noordam Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Noordam Deck Plans
Christmas Cruise

Embarking was a breeze - good start. Cabin 4010 - very nice, balcony cabin- clean and spacious. Room attendants greeted us and provided a card with their names and contact details.

I was very disappointed that the ship had no "wow" factor, compared to 2 Royal Carribbean Ships I have sailed on - it was very boring,no fabulous staircase or art work to look at.

The meals in the a la carte restaurant were excellent along with the service.

No problems getting served at the bars.

The croupiers in the casino were pretty dull and one of them kept making mistakes.

The entertainment was dire - especially for Xmas - very much same old same old as the singers stayed with the ship, unlike RC where they fly in and out. One of the singers should really not have been there. I have to say, in the end, we stopped going to the shows but went on the last night and it was just as bad.

Photographers were terrible - we had some formal shots done, only one was full length and showed off my lovely new long gown but sadly the faces were out of focus. In one really nice photo I had my eyes closed and the photographer told me that they were not closed - in the print, my eyes were closed! Didn't buy any photos as they were poor.

Shore excursions were very "tourist trap based". Diving excursion got cancelled as their boat had broken down, so we found a dive centre ourselves and dived - for half the cost the ship was charging.

Internet is ridiculously priced - don't understand why they charge so much. No good for teenagers trying to study.

Very helpful and friendly staff all round the ship without exception.

I would not recommend this cruise line for families with older teenagers - the no alcohol rule was not such an issue - although it was a shame they were not allowed to join us with some champagne on Xmas day - but there was nothing for them to do in the evening - this ship better suits the older generation.

Disembarkation again was a breeze - very good and efficient.

We won't use this cruise line again as it does not have the glamour appeal that you would expect on a cruise ship - no champagne on Xmas Day and poor entertainment…..

RC here we come…..