Sun Princess Cruise Review by haircut4u: Another Around NZ Cruise

Another Around NZ Cruise

Sail Date: December 2013
Destination: Australia & New Zealand
Embarkation: Auckland

One of my favourite cruises is around NZ plus a port or two in Australia. So as to round off a rather problematic year with personal family problems I decided, for the third time, to do this cruise again. My fourth with Princess and my first with Sun.

I found Sun Princess, by comparison with many other ships I have been on, rather difficult to get around. I never did find two on the Loungers on very upper decks. Of the lounges I found they were just ordinary and quite boring. The overall decor I found drab - there was a lack of colour throughout the ship.

My balcony stateroom on Caribe (Grade BD) suited me excellently. (I had sole occupancy of a 2 bedded stateroom). I was extremley glad that I did not have to share with anyone becuase if I had have it would have been hell! It would not accomodate two persons comfortably - but as I said ideal and perfect for one. My stateroom steward was fine but little niceties like pen and notepad were absent until I asked for them. More My morning Room Service steward was one of the most courteous fellows I have come across and commended him for it.

As a foodie I really enjoyed myself. Having Room Service Breakfast every morning and either Lunch at the Pizzeria or (when available) in the Dining Room. I hate buffet style venues. My only quibble with the food was the steaks. Not ggod at all. Perhaps that is why the Sterling Steakhouse was popular. I intended using the venue but somehow it's location did not appeal to me. It seemed to be part of Horizon which put me off. I guess the reason for at least one Japanese appetiser and main on the menu each meal was leading up to when the ship would be based up in Japan. They made a nice chainge.

Enteratinment was so-so. I find the behaviour of many attendees at the shows disgusting. If they want to talk why don't they stay out of the room is just one example.

The staff on the Purser's Desk were fairly lack lustre. One girl in particular was just plain arrogant.

To summarise - an enjoyable cruise but a little disappointed in the Ship. Overall it just wasn't up to the usual Princess standards. Perhaps it was catering for a different market to what I am used to. Less

Read more Sun Princess cruise reviews >>