Celebrity Eclipse Cruise Review by catgirl398: Great holiday!

catgirl398

Compare Prices on Celebrity Eclipse Southern Caribbean Cruises

Great holiday!

Sail Date: December 2013
Destination: Southern Caribbean

Expectations were high and were met for the most part. We are loyal Celebrity cruisers.

The ship is in beautiful condition. I thought the public areas very well maintained. The public restrooms (women's) were very clean and I often saw personnel there keeping up with it.

I gained 5 pounds on my cruise. Enough said. No, really I think their buffet is one of the best. Many choices. Yes, some are the same every day but how can you ever get to it all. I enjoy any buffet with freshly prepared offerings that can be made to order and they have many. In the morning omelets and eggs as you like. In the afternoon, sandwich and salad bar, asian stir fry to order, pasta bar, meat carving which changed daily. Because the cruise was long, we did also do dinner there a couple of times and loved finding grilled to order cuts of meat, chicken and fish some nights. The main dining room dinners were fine. I agree it may not be as great as it once was but still very good and of course More if you don't like something they want to take care of you and make you happy. Still that high level of service an customer satisfaction in my opinion. We found Murano to be exquisite but we enjoy fine dining once in awhile. Tuscan was delicious but not as wonderful as I've experienced on other ships.

We were in a sunset veranda room and really enjoy this aft location. Adequate closet storage for 2 adults. We utilized the over bed storage for folded clothing. Love the shower enclosure. No complaints and our stateroom attendants did a terrific job and handled our few special requests "with pleasure."

Entertainment was sort of hit or miss. I didn't love the party band. Perry Grant in Michael's Club…are you kidding me? I can't believe he's got cruisers that choose their cruise because of him. Yes…he is a talent on the piano, but the same schtick every night as he repeats his sort of abusive comedy routine. OMG…sort of unsettling actually. This holiday cruise enjoyed shows with American Idol runners up as well as comedian Tom Cotter from America's Got Talent. There was a Beatles Tribute Band…always a hit.

The Captain and his staff were visible and engaging as Celebrity is so good at. Captain's Club host…not so much. Celebrity has recently changed it's tiers and while we enjoy being in elite plus we felt there was no personal communication as we are used to. Shore excursions desk, fine. Guest relations, A-plus.

Michael's Club traditionally was a nice lounge to be dressed up and enjoy a cocktail. They've sort of killed it with Perry Grant. Not sure what their plan is for this venue. Our favorite bar was the Molecular Bar with their creative cocktails and outstanding service from Jelena. Generally service among all the bars was good. I must say the regular pool bartenders don't have the friendly attitude we always experienced on the Millennium class ships. Every Solstice class ship has some real sour pusses there. Also, they seem to have cut back on the pool deck bar service…not a huge deal but if anyone from Celebrity reads these I'm just putting it out there. The pool attendants did a very good job of keeping up with messy cruisers.

Labadee was on the itinerary. It's well worth it to purchase the cabana for the day. Loved it! Less

Read more Celebrity Eclipse cruise reviews >>